Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2001, 03:44 AM   #1
Spacemoose
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Whilst killing time and wandering around picking on packs of bears for fun (I working on a very large rug for the main Hall), I got Xan to cast polymorph self and go into battle as a Sword spider, as he's pretty useless in combat he was soon minced by the bears. Upon raising at the main Temple next to Beregost I was surprised to see not only was he raised as a Sword Spider but that he could not change back into his normal form! I now badly want to get Polymorph Other as a spell and have fun with the world in general (Dear Sir, Now that I Drizzt am a large chicken, I want to complain about the size of my eggs and the size of my........)

Anyone else seen this happen?
Spacemoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 04:37 AM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

LOL! Xan goes Trick-or-Treating! Hey, for extra laughs, have him go shopping in his Spider form. He should get some pretty good prices, he's got 16 CHA. [img]smile.gif[/img] Or even better, have him flirt with the girls in the Undercellar.

The only time I had a problem like this was when I was experimenting with the Cloak of the Wolf--it was kinda neat turning my whole party into wolves at the same time & having them run around town, chatting to folks--but the problem was, I could figure out how to change them BACK. Happily, I decided to see if sleeping would make the effect wear off. It does, and Xan's condition should be similar. If not.....well, can he still cast spells as a Sword Spider?
Old 12-14-2001, 10:59 AM   #3
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Polymorph Other is a great spell. I don't want to spoil you but I do think it's fair to alert you that there is an error in the spell's description, at least as far as I can tell: it says it can be dispelled and I have never once been able to successfully do that. There's more to say about this spell but I'll stop. Have fun with it once you get!