Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2003, 08:24 AM   #21
Sigmar
Unicorn

Damn 196 DK, that some crazy stuff! Way to go.

I got 137, two off the score I got in the National IQ test, this probably makes this one of the more reliable IQ tests on the web.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:31 AM   #22
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Got 127... at the Emode thing...
Old 05-16-2003, 08:32 AM   #23
Zero Alpha

[Rant]
if any of you had bothered to read the book i suggested previously in the last IQ thread (QI the quest for intelligence - kevin warwick) you would realise that unless you test intelligence subjectively (specific to a single person) and in about a million different dimentions the score is meaningless. im just a bit annoyed that no one responded to my suggestion as it would put the whole thing in alot more purspecitve and you would proably realise this thread is pointless and will only inpire cullturaly bias (eg language barrier) inibited compotition.
[/Rant]

[ 05-16-2003, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Zero Alpha ]
Old 05-16-2003, 08:58 AM   #24
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry, but not only don't I think 'online' IQ tests are very reliable, I'm not one to give alot of credence to any IQ test. There is so much they don't measure that I feel makes up a person's 'intelligence'..... Like Azred said, 'smart' people can do some dumb things too! And so-called 'dumb' or 'average' people can be pretty savvy in day to day life.

[ 05-16-2003, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 05-16-2003, 09:03 AM   #25
Sigmar
Unicorn

Its best not to take IQ seriously, like Cloudy says there is no way they can measure someones intelligence. Example, someone might not have "booksmarts" because he hasn't had the benifit of school yadda yadda but he is still an intelligent person capable of making logical decisions and tackling situations. One of my friends scored a 89 in the "test the nation" test and she's the second smartest student in her year.

So IMO its best not to take IQ tests seriously
Old 05-16-2003, 10:00 AM   #26
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
196... I'm really mad, that's a new low for me...
LOL bollocks the tests shouldn't even go that high it isn't even on the scale. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

On this test I got 135. As I said in the other thread the only problem with it is no time limit - and this is a big problem in terms of accuracy cos it means slow people have just as much chance of getting as many correct answers as fast thinking people. Oh well who cares? IQ is just a small indication of sharpness of mind - it doesn't really mean much - your scores will vary greatly depending on how tired you are and how many previous IQ tests you have done. Also IQ scores give the average of many different types of intelligence so you may just score really low in one and it will skew your score....

[ 05-16-2003, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 05-16-2003, 10:00 AM   #27
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Is that a Lunar Eclipse?? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Oh, no, that's DK's ego blocking out the moon.

I reiterate my sentiment that posting IQ scores is just like posting SAT scores -- an inevitable contest of one-upsmanship. But, I can bench press 185. Besides, I know quite a few folks who had lower IQ's than me but did much better than me in college. And I know many genuises who pissed their life away because they were to darn smart for their own good.

Oh, and DK -- it really was a joke.

[ 05-16-2003, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 05-16-2003, 10:17 AM   #28
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
quote:
LOL bollocks the tests shouldn't even go that high it isn't even on the scale. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[/QUOTE]It's a porkie pie Vas!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-16-2003, 10:54 AM   #29
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
quote:

[/QUOTE]It's a porkie pie Vas!
[/QUOTE]Indeed. DK feels somehow inadequate so must appease his ego by quoting random numbers above 190 for his IQ

[ 05-16-2003, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Old 05-16-2003, 11:09 AM   #30
andrewas
Harper

124. I need to get some sleep one of these weeks, thats low. Ah well, who cares.