Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2003, 12:10 AM   #11
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

DK i am sorry...but jeeze i would love to score a 196
Old 05-16-2003, 12:30 AM   #12
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

I scored 140.

To be honest, I can't think of what I might have answered wrong. Remember that the IQ is the ratio of one's intellectual age to his chronological age, so if two people both scored 100% on this test the younger of the two would have a higher IQ score.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:43 AM   #13
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Then try some of the tests found here. [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 05-16-2003, 01:00 AM   #14
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Then try some of the tests found here. [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
I did, Your score is: 123 on the verbal
but only scored 105 on the ultimate geezz am i really that dumb?
Old 05-16-2003, 01:13 AM   #15
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Stormy, assuming that the score is in line with the standard IQ scale, 100 is absolutely average, so I don't think that you're dumb at all [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2003, 01:14 AM   #16
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Don't think of scores and results in terms of "smart" or "dumb", because those terms are so relative. If I have such a high degree of intelligence, why did I stay in a bad relationship for so long? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

You can score higher on analogy tests if you are well-read. Numeric/spatial tests are where math/engineering types score the highest. There are logic, pattern recognition, and sequencing tests. In short, psychologists these days recognize a much wider variety of "intelligence" than the classical "math and verbal" tests.
The only type of test that can truly measure your mental acuity is the type that tests all of these, mixing analogies, number problems, logic puzzles, and pattern recognition into one set of questions. A real IQ test has to be done in person at a testing center or psychological clinic and will usually incorporate spatial designs, like the test where I had to arrange patterns from some colored blocks I took as a child.

The problem with IQ is that people equate IQ with personal worth. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] I know plenty of very intelligent people who aren't worth knowing. Also, those who get a "normal" or "low" score think less of themselves. *sigh* There are many virtues in life much more important than mere intelligence. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

edit
I forgot to add this: many of those tests are normed or standardized to an IQ higher than 100, so the score you get isn't necessarily the score you have. If the test is normed to 130 and you score 110, the fact that you might be a little below "average" for that test means you are probably above average on a test normed to 100.

[ 05-16-2003, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: Azred ]

Old 05-16-2003, 01:20 AM   #17
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

That is true, I just can not understand why i have never beenable to do math, while I hated reading as a child..lol...butnow all of a sudden, i am above acerage on words, while i still can not pronuce the english language even though it is my nationl language but yet I can write poetry about 4 times a day...explain that?
ohand i scored 111 on the culture-fair test what is that anyway?

[ 05-16-2003, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]
Old 05-16-2003, 01:25 AM   #18
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
That is true, I just can not understand why i have never beenable to do math, while I hated reading as a child..lol...butnow all of a sudden, i am above acerage on words, while i still can not pronuce the english language even though it is my nationl language but yet I can write poetry about 4 times a day...explain that?

Natural ability and desire. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

ohand i scored 111 on the culture-fair test what is that anyway?

Honestly, I have no idea.

Old 05-16-2003, 04:50 AM   #19
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

why o why all the iq test is in english. I can't find one in other language that I'm more comfortable with.
Old 05-16-2003, 07:51 AM   #20
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

You could try checking out the Mensa website and click on "National Groups". This will send you to Mensa groups based in a wide range of countries throughout the world. There should be links to tests in that language or someone to e-mail to find such tests. Good luck! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]