Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2003, 04:08 PM   #1
Gammit
Elminster

I posted this in the poll room, but am posting it here as per somebody's suggestions. I just finished the demo and enjoyed quite a bit. However, I've heard it's pretty buggy, and I doubt I can spend $50 on another game. Your thoughts?
Old 05-15-2003, 04:12 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I was about to reply your thread in the poll section when I saw this.

My word is buy it of course, yes it's buggy but the patch can fix that. or you can wait till it's in the bargain bin. which make the price lot cheaper.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:43 PM   #3
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Yes buy it..it is great...at least what I have read of..
Old 05-15-2003, 05:03 PM   #4
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'd pay you $50 to go buy it, that's how good it is.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:29 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I recently started playing it myself, and all i can say is... buy it. It's worth the money.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:35 PM   #6
Charlie
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
I'd pay you $50 to go buy it, that's how good it is.
Send me $50 then pal and I'll go buy it.

As it goes I nearly bought the game for £29.99 from HMV or Virgin, I don't recall. You could get 2 games for one price. I needed to replace my BG2 and I chose A.F as the "other" game. Changed my mind and took Dungeon Siege instead. I may still go buy it after reading here.
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 05-15-2003, 10:19 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

It's an enjoyable game, but on my machine, it kept locking up. I tried a few different things, but I guess this old beast (900Mhz Athlon) isn't up to snuff... so I've put it on the shelf. Rather sadly, too; the storyline is intriguing.

When my machine gets upgraded again, I'll bring it back out. Until then, I've passed on the frustration.

Take a look at the Arx Fatalis board on here to get some more ideas. You'll even see Willow telling me to buck up and get back in there... I just haven't done it yet.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 05-16-2003, 12:15 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Gammit:
I posted this in the poll room, but am posting it here as per somebody's suggestions. I just finished the demo and enjoyed quite a bit. However, I've heard it's pretty buggy, and I doubt I can spend $50 on another game. Your thoughts?
It'll be out on the XBOX at the end of the year, so if you own one, I would wait, so they fix all the bugs [img]smile.gif[/img]

I personally LOVE the game, and the bugs aren't THAT bad. If you have a nVidia video card you should have less problems too.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 05-16-2003, 02:59 AM   #9
Guinness
The Magister

AVOID!
Old 05-16-2003, 05:39 AM   #10
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Guinness:
AVOID!
Great comment Guiness. Just because you obviously have problems with the game does not mean that Gammit will have the same result. I have yet to encounter a bug, nor have the game crashed once on my computer. So you see, not everyone has problems. What generally mess the game up is graphics and sound. Nvidia, as Z said, and a soundblaster minimizes that risk. If you think the game is bad, then by all means argue that point. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed Arx Fatalis. The only downside I can think of is that it is not that funny after you have completed it 5 times. You know where to go and what to do. It's a little thin on side quests but the story is great. One of the better RPGs I have played.