Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2000, 12:06 AM   #1
Wretched

There may be a way around it.

If you are playing a multi-player, export your two characters, then re-import them, with the mage in the lead role. He can then cast Find Familiar, and get his Pseudo-Dragon. Then, put the familiar into your pack, re-export the mage, exit the game, and import both characters in again, this time with the paladin up-front. The mage *should* still have his familiar.

Old 11-17-2000, 10:30 AM   #2
Gianordano - the Sun

Is there a way to go around the fact that only the main character can have a familiari?
Im playing a Conjurer traveling with a goodhearted (if somewhat stupid.. shh.. I never said that) Inquisator. And obviously he can´t have a familiari. But every mage worth his name needs a loyal and trustworthy companion in this
treacherous world. I´m hoping for some sort of programming glitch or whatever it takes to have my pseudo-dragon!
And no, I don´t want to be the leader. I am more comfortable in the background, giving *good* advice to my comrade and protector.

Please, guide me...

Old 11-17-2000, 11:58 AM   #3
spludge

if u r playing multiplayer and ur mage isnt the main character then u cant cast a familiar.
if thats the case just export both of them swap their order and then just drag the pic of ur wiz down so he isnt leader.

Old 11-19-2000, 02:59 AM   #4
Sabre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What about this for a BUG that has happened to me re FAMILIAR...

I cast one early on in the game got bonus hit points etc. Played with the little dude and put him in my back pack. A while later he is missing, my HP are maintained but I can't cast another Familiar as it says I have one already. Has he gone AWOL! Ha!

Seriously an annoying bug! I have the bonus HP but I want to have the Familiar!!
Old 11-19-2000, 03:23 AM   #5
Armisael

Heh, there's a code to fix that bug, too. What was your familiar?

Old 11-19-2000, 03:40 AM   #6
Sabre
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Armisael you are a Balders Gate Vet I gather?
My familiar was some kind of IMP... can't remember the exact names, had about 14 HP or something!

Sabre
Old 11-19-2000, 04:20 AM   #7
Armisael

Ah. Never mind that then, what's your alignment?
I've only been playing it a few weeks, to tell you the truth.

Old 11-22-2000, 07:53 PM   #8
RuDeBoy_666

Sorry bud you gotta edit yourt game to get im back. Its a bug from the keep quest, after it goes through the little fade out after exit, You have to go into the save and change the FAMILIAR line from 1 to 0 and get that "body" out of your pack. Strange. Annoying. I missed my fairy dragon

Old 11-22-2000, 08:51 PM   #9
Joukahainen

Importing a Character with his familiar in his inventory doesn't work. I tried it. Atleast if your not the main character.

Old 11-22-2000, 11:55 PM   #10
Astaroth
Welcomed New User

I just went into the sewers, then rested and had a dream sequence with Irenicus. I woke up and took my Fairy Dragon Familiar out of my pack ( for some Invisibility 10') But my Familiar showed up in the dream sequence! he could wander around and stuff, but I had to reset the game. Anyone ever heard of this?