Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 09:21 AM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

Arrow

Castle Jhareg options and outcomes

this whole topic is spoiler laden so beware mmmkkkayyy? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Who do you find guilty Quint, Karlet or Belial? And why?

Are the options provided in the game the same as your choice? What in 'the game' would you select? Given that the demon as guilty path gives you far less XP and other choices free the Demon?

Should you condemn the guardian (and the others including Quint) if you task her to keep the phylactery? Is keeping the phylactery yourself the right thing?

Discuss [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:24 AM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Well in my game, I have found Belial guilty because he influence the other while the other was influenced by the other... chain reaction. I don't condemn them to all eternity, I kept it so that they can rest.

I did not free the demon, I banished him then summoned the guardian of the temple again if I remember correctly.

That's what I think is the *right* thing to do. In regards to exp, I wouldn't know.
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 06:19 PM   #3
wellard
Dracolisk

If you 'Banish' the demon, does that not mean he can return to his normal plane of existance?

I did not know you could re-summon the guardian. How and why?

Old 06-02-2005, 09:52 AM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yes of course. He's still alive in his realm.

You find his tome right? You should be able to find the tome of light or whatever they call it I just do not know where. Since that circle where the demon once stood is void (he was also the one who beat the guardian), you can summon back the guardian.

He'll be grateful and will reward you accordingly. You have to choose carefully though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:15 AM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

Beat the guardian? well I am missing out on some options then [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] how do you activate that option?

I did notice a statue to the morninglord (lathander?) that seemed to require a quest but could not figure it out. Any ideas?

Old 06-02-2005, 09:17 PM   #6
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Woah, missed this too. Is this guardian that thing that tells you to do the trial? How the heck were we supposed to figure this sorta stuff out on our own?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:12 PM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Woah, missed this too. Is this guardian that thing that tells you to do the trial? How the heck were we supposed to figure this sorta stuff out on our own?
Yep Sir Goulum, thats the side quest we are talking about. The one with the trial for the murder of the village children. I'm thinking some options may only be available depending on your alignment. What options did you take Sir Goulum?

Old 06-02-2005, 11:19 PM   #8
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Do you mean in the final trial talk? I usually condemn the one guy (who has fun with the demon) to all eternity, and release the other. The phylactery I destroy or get rid of or whatever the option is.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 12:32 AM   #9
javan
Zhentarim Guard

Massive Chapter 1(Epiloge) and Chapter 2 spoilers...

Bahamut, are you confusing the banishing of the evil demon in Helm's Hold at the end of Chapter One and the trial of the two brothers in Castle Jhareg in Chapter Two?

Using the Black Grimoire in Chapter One, you can banish Chaohinon of the Void from Helm's Hold. Using the Book Of Helm you can then summon the Guardian Spirit of Helm. [img]smile.gif[/img]

In Chapter Two you will find another Guardian Spirit in Castle Jhareg. The guardian gives you the task of judging the two brothers (lucky you! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

There are differing opinions as to who is guilty. Karlat was dealing with demons to gain power. He should have known that they would deceive him [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] . Quint is guilty - of stupidity . Quint knows his brother is consorting with demons and yet he invites all the village children into the castle. Belial is the instigator of the crime (my usual choice). Some people have noted, however, that causing betrayal, murder and chaos is what demons do; Belial was merely acting according to his own (im)moral code. [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]

Wellard,

If you find Karlat guilty you will get 500 XP. Returning to the town, you will find it free of the Weave of time but in ruins. The ghost of the mayor will thank you with another ~300 XP and a chest of treasure.

If you find Quint guilty you will get 375 XP. Returning to the town, you will find it free of the Weave of time but overrun with fire elememtals and Red Slaads. The ghost of the mayor will curse you for making such a bad decision. Needless to say he will not be giving any treasure.

If you find neither brother guilty (i.e. Belial was responsible) then you can either give the phylactery to the Guardian Spirit or keep it.

If you give the phylactery to the Spirit then you will get 375 XP. The town will remain in the Weave of time (nothing has changed) but the demon Belial will also be trapped there as well.

If you keep the phylactery (a minor magic item) you will gain 375 XP. Returning to the town, you will find it free of the Weave of time but in ruins. The ghost of the mayor will thank you with another ~300 XP and a chest of treasure.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:52 AM   #10
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

If you didn't enlighten the mistaken Javan, i would have.

I chose to keep the phylactery and told the guardian,

"All should be free whether it be for good or evil"

The response i think i got was "well said." which in my opinion seemed to be right...