Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2006, 07:18 PM   #1
SideShowRage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have an Nes Emulator for windows xp......I get sound but no picture in the display screen....can anyone make any suggestions?
SideShowRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:02 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Just to be sure, I'm going to mention that talk of piracy is against the rules here. There are people that make legal games from scratch for emulators, so talking about emulation is ok to me. But please don't mention pirated games. That's not ok.

As for your question, I'm not sure, which emulator are you using? Did you try multiple ones?
Old 09-19-2006, 01:55 AM   #3
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Emulation is ok if you have the original game.

Are you using rocknes?
Old 09-19-2006, 10:25 AM   #4
Griefmaker
The Magister

Arg! Luvian, ye scurvy-dog! it be "National Talk Like a Pirate Day" so yappin about piracy must be legal...bloody landlubber....(j/k [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Old 09-19-2006, 10:28 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Just because it's talk like a pirate day doesn't mean people can't walk the plank.

[ 09-20-2006, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:29 PM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
Just to be sure, I'm going to mention that talk of piracy is against the rules here. There are people that make legal games from scratch for emulators, so talking about emulation is ok to me. But please don't mention pirated games. That's not ok.

As for your question, I'm not sure, which emulator are you using? Did you try multiple ones?
As was mentioned as long as you have the original game (in non-emulation format) emulators are legal, since they have non-copyright-infriging uses discussing the software that uses emulators is not against the rules, asking for sites where you can get all the emulators you'd ever want however, is.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:51 PM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I already said talking about emulation is ok so I don't know why you guys keep bringing this up.

Sadly, there's no way to verify if someone really own a game, so let's not go into game specifics.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:25 PM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

*cough* Your graphic card might not support the emulator or was it the other way around?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:24 AM   #9
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Ermm...No...

This has been discussed many times, and it is NOT legal in most cases to play ROM's even if you own the original game.

Seeing as we are talking about Nintendo, here is the official Nintendo statement:
Link

Quote:
Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.
Hmm, now that I read that again, it only says that it's illegal if you download it from the internet [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyways, sorry to ruin the thread but this is illegal
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote