Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2001, 05:26 PM   #1
bishop_gideon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, so I decide to test my hand at creating items. I've read through alot of the posts here on doing just that and the number one thing I hear is "Try modifying an existing item first." Good Idea! I'll try that first!

So, I bring up a bow that I want to change the thaco and damage on, just for fun. I save it as a new .itm file and.... Works great! Saves great! Everything is groovy.

This is great! I'm awesome... But I want to change the name and the text associated with the bow. BAM! Roadblock! Errors when I try to save it. Help, help help. "Permision Degnied at Dialog.Write.12" "Cannot save text. Save aborted" Ok...... so I change all the text back and.... "Save Successful." So, how do I change that text? hmmmmmmm? Anyone? Help?
Old 04-10-2001, 05:40 PM   #2
white heron
Manshoon

.....Nice to see someone else likes messing around with bows!
-all i can say is that i use 'Infinity Editor Pro v1.0.5' with no problems.There are later versions however.
Do you have the 'VB5' and 'VB6' dependency files from teamBG installed?

------------------
"You,...You wouldn't hurt a Gnome would you?"
Old 04-10-2001, 05:47 PM   #3
bishop_gideon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

VB5 and VB6 dependancies

Hmm didn't think I needed them since I develope on VB6 on my own machine. I'll have to try d/ling them and see if that helps.

And on a side note, I love the archer class. Great addition.
Old 04-10-2001, 07:15 PM   #4
bishop_gideon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, So I'm an idiot sometimes...

Looks like you need to have everything closed if you're going to make any changes to text. Silly me.

All better now. The alert is over, go back to what you were doing, nothing to see here...

------------------
------------------------
I'll figure this out later...
Old 04-10-2001, 07:31 PM   #5
BG2SOA

Welcome to the board Bishop.

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 04-10-2001, 07:33 PM   #6
bishop_gideon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you!

I'm a bit new to BGII in the sense that I just got it, however, I'm a big ad&d fan from way back (1st edition even!) So, I figured, what the heck, lets try the game out.

Not bad so far, can't wait to do a little multiplayer though... With my own created items, not that I figured out most of it...

------------------
------------------------
I'll figure this out later...