Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2002, 02:05 PM   #1
SpongeBob SquarePants
Elite Waterdeep Guard

critical hits, do they kill instantly, (god knows why im askin this coz i know they dont) but why dont they, and what exactly do the do, i gave the cassius clay fella (do know his real name ) in the plantation near vivic, sdome coma or other a critical hit, and i ran off, and it took me loads of silkver arrows to eventually bring him down, i only killed him to get the key to free the slaves off the plantation, only when i killed him did i realise he didnt have the key i needed,

back to critical hits, do the get built up the more you use them ? like other weapons/magic

cheers guys,

the sponge [img]smile.gif[/img]
SpongeBob SquarePants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 03:33 PM   #2
Ajia Mal'Kreig
Dungeon Master

My experience = just 2x or more damage.

You can drop some stuff in one shot with a powerfull/high enough skill, strength, and weapon.

Example: My Dwemer crossbow...
Normal: One shot kills Karogi(SP?), Wild Guar, Cliff Racer and Rats. 2 to 3 shots will stop a blighted version.
Sneak/Hidden (Critical): One shot drops Blighted animals, Sleepers, Ash Slaves, most Dremora and Frost/Fire Antroch's. It can also one shot drop most bandits/slavers. It is awesome when you see a Sleeper get thrown 3-5 feet into a wall from the impact of the bolt or a Dremora Lord get dropped to his knees.

Since it takes a lot of the combat (aka, fun) out of the game, I just use it on Cliff Racer's now since they do not deserve the privelage of a one on one duel
Ajia Mal'Kreig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 04:37 PM   #3
SpongeBob SquarePants
Elite Waterdeep Guard

cheers m8, thanks for the advice, it is much apreciated [img]smile.gif[/img]

thanks for takin the time to explain the critical hits to me and thanks for the speedy reply
SpongeBob SquarePants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 01:31 PM   #4
Ajia Mal'Kreig
Dungeon Master

Oops! Correction to my post above. That is Dreamer's vice Sleepers.
Ajia Mal'Kreig is offline   Reply With Quote