Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2001, 07:49 AM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

Any Alien Fans here? They are my fave movieseries along with StarWars. they are all great but here are mine in a order of greatness:
Aliens
Alien
Alien3
Alien Resurrection

I mean Alien Resurection is awesome until that "Newborn" Rears his ugly head, it totally ruined the movie.
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 09:34 AM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Mine would be:

Aliens(Tons of combat and splattered aliens all over the place while still retaining the scary Aliens atmosphere.)

Aliens: Ressurection(Nice Action/Dialogue combination, but they could have used the plot for more, also, they should have let an alien queen reach Earth, that way we could have had: Aliens 5 with aliens rampaging through New York and such, imagine how cool that would be!)

Alien

Alien 3
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 09:45 AM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm going with-

Aliens
Alien
Alien-Resurection
Alien 3
Old 12-01-2001, 05:26 PM   #4
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Same as above.

Aliens was my fave basically because I end up liking enough of the characters to sympathize with them (and after that, had to hunt up every movie Michael Biehn ever played in). In some ways, I found Alien the scariest, maybe because it was the first (and I saw it first at a young age), but also because everyone there seemed so far away from help or any creature comfort. And I guess because it was the first, I still find it the "most believable" scenario. Didn't much care for the last two movies -- have only seen them once. Hmmm...

AliCat
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 10:17 AM   #5
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Alien Resurrection was.. it wasnt classic Aliens.
Aliens was the best me thinks, followed by the original.
Aliens 3 and Alien Resurrection lost the "cool" factor on me.
Old 12-03-2001, 10:49 PM   #6
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I would have to agree with Aliens. The first was good in its day, following the traditional (at that time) build up of suspense with very few actual encounters with the nemesis. I don't think I could sit through it today though, just too darned slow and not enough really happening.
Aliens did a pretty good job of mixing alot of action with suspense and developing characters that you could actually like or dislike. So by the time the movie ended you were somewhat involved personally.
The sequel didn't really do anything but tick me off.
They go through all that h*ll to save the little girl, Michael Biehn just to find out the they are both killed in the crash. And then Sigorney after all that turns out to be infested and dies.
I have no problem with the main character/s/hero's/heroins are sometimes killed in movies, it is realistic as it happens in real life as well. But in my opinion in the Alien series, it was just to much overkill.
The.Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 06:11 PM   #7
Gazza
Banned User

Aliens is the best by far. Hicks and Hudson are my personal hero's.
Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 02:36 AM   #8
huma
The Magister

Yep,aliens was the best.I was pretty young when I saw the first one and it scared the livin crap outta me.After aliens they kinda just became to hollywood for me to enjoy.
Old 12-07-2001, 07:21 AM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

ALIENS directors cut all the way!!
The last one had the best looking aliens, but was a bit phoney actually..

I WANT ALIENS VS PREDATORS MOVIES NOW!!!!

I heard that it was a rumour that Sigougney Weaver (so sue me over spelling..) that refused to mix the two in movie, since she actually owns part of the movie rights... :S

Grrrrrrrrrrr..

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote