Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2003, 09:08 PM   #1
Rezdude03
Manshoon

i saw my friend get it on an editor and all i know so far is that it runs on powerpacks, does a large amount of damage and is so freakin cool. how do you get it and... um... thats it. thanx.

one more question, who created www.mindflay.com? its my favorite site for weapons. if i remember right, one of these members made it. if not then nevermind.
\"We three, though born on different days, swear an oath of brotherhood\"<br />\"And vow to die the same year, same month and the very same day\"<br />\"Come, my Brothers\' destiny awaits!\"<br />-Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei/ Dynasty Warriors 4
Rezdude03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 11:05 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

You might be able to pick one up in Bayjin, but it's a random thing.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 01:05 AM   #3
TINKER_TINKERMAN
Dungeon Master

It's random alright. The easiest way to get the frontier phaser is a drop from Jan-ette. Just save before you talk to her and keep reloading till you get it. Shouldn't take to long. The last time i got it, it took only 5 reloads.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:16 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

Another way to get it is if you got it from the City of Skies in Crusaders. That means if you have a game from Crusaders of the Dark Savant and import it and you had the gun, you'll get it. I've heard many things about all these random awesome items, never got one of em.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 04:00 PM   #5
EEWorzelle
Manshoon

Regarding www.mindflay.com, yeah it is a great site. All we know is that it was created between 16 and 30 December, 2001, by "Mindflay."

Something like Telstra, or something like that is mentioned in the opening post, that I am not familiar with, but I gather he or she is an experienced web site creator. Farewell was said, officially, in April of 2002. It's very official-looking, isn't it, and pretty complete.

There are a few items missing, but very few. The only one that comes to mind is the Diamond Epee, a sword found... well, you are probably already familiar with it. I often use the site as a quick reference for spells, items and their correct spelling when doing posts. A couple of the items posted there are not, according to player posts, actually found in the game (like Menard's Lance).
EEWorzelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 12:41 PM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

The site doesn't load for me...
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 12:50 PM   #7
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

You need to put a http:// in front of it if your ISP doesn't do it for you.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:23 PM   #8
dplax
Jack Burton

What does Frontier Phaser exactly do. I mean is it worth the reloads?

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 04:43 PM   #9
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Strong Bow with Mystic Arrows is my favorite ranged weapon of all. Powerpacs are too hard to come by and if you got some skill points in range and archery and a few char levels you get much more damage per round with arrows. Of course, Tripleshot X-Bows are nice, but then you have the problem of how many pounds of bolts you need to lug around...So, the Phazer isn't really worth it to me. I do like the Mystery Ray, but only because you don't need to reload it at all. It comes in the chests: Beyjin (hut with sentry), Beyjin Shallows (both DJL and the one on the boatwreck) But it's pretty rare (it imports from CDS).
(edit) i just realised, not answering your question: IIRC 5-20 or thereabouts, i don't remember any fantastic plusses. (it's been many games since i investigated one)
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
&
While you're at it with Jan-Ette, she can drop the Light Shield, too...you can get both to drop about 10%.

[ 08-19-2003, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Scatter ]
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 03:43 AM   #10
TINKER_TINKERMAN
Dungeon Master

For more info. on the Frontier Phaser check this
thread...
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...;f=15;t=003316