Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2001, 11:04 PM   #1
Eladamri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I deperately need some help. I have Bg I and II, and in both, the animation will become really choppy at random times. I will be playing, going along just fine, then suddenly, the characters move really slow and jerky. It's not due to the fact that there are a lot of things on the screen, because it's happened when there is only one on the screen. Has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions on how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-12-2001, 01:04 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Try turning 3D acceleration/support off, make sure there aren't any other program running in the background, and use a bigger swap file....not sure if this will help....good luck.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-12-2001, 06:20 AM   #3
ShadowUK

Try turning you resolution down........

------------------
Old 05-12-2001, 06:33 AM   #4
Deddard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Open up Wordpad or Notepad and type just one letter. Select the letter, choose edit - copy. now exit.
I'm not sure if windows uses the clipboard when running BG games, but you should try this before starting the game - it will free up some memory.
In case you're wondering, windows hangs on to the last information placed on the clipboard (not necessarily by you) so the best thing to do is to make sure that it only has the minimum info in there - one letter is as good as it gets!
You may want to save and exit the game when it gets choppy and try this, just in case windows does use the clipboard.
Another thing is to go to your Windows/Temp folder, and delete everything in there - again this is hogging space on your hard disc, and may hog your memory as well.
Check how many fonts you have in your Windows/Fonts folder - you can probably get it down to 30 or 40 and still keep internet explorer happy. Just open a new folder from the root directory of your hard disc (usually c and call it Fonts backup. move all your infrequently used fonts in there from the windows/fonts folder. if you need them again, you can simply drag them back into the windows/fonts folder. Fonts hog memory like no-one's business.
other than that, it's spending money time - more memory etc. (I saw a 256MB 133MHz Dimm for under £30.00 and a 512MB Dimm for under £70 advertised a couple of days ago - makes you sick when you remember what we paid for ours!!!!!