Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2001, 07:24 PM   #1
logicalson
Welcomed New User

I've been toying with BG2 for awhile and it's pretty interesting, though the quality of story is rather irratic. A lot of the vital missions is going around and collecting things after killing alot of things then returning with said things. The most fun I've had was with building up the side quests, especially the Strongholds.

With the help of the location teleport cheat, a person may gain control of the Keep, the Playhouse and the Thieves Guild with one character. There is a problem that I've run into though with the Thieves Guild, in that I have to use the code to teleport there or the game wont recognize my status if I simply walk through the door. So, I have to pay the Quotamaster, only I have no idea where he is and Renal is'nt talking. Nor Lindvail. If someone know's where he/she is and if I need a teleport code I would appreciate some help.

More to the point, is there any way to gain ALL the strongholds with a single character? Admittedly, this may be a bit far fetched but I like the idea of branching and balancing a network of institutions under my influence. And why not? My character can take on a 100 armed men at once, why not run a temple and a keep at the same time? Too unrealistic?

So I would really appreciate if anyone knows of a method or process of gaining full control of all strongholds in a single game. It's a fun game, but not fun enough to play through with each character. Thanks for your time!

Old 05-11-2001, 07:46 PM   #2
Tom
Elminster

I think the only way to get all the strongholds is to use shadowkeeper to change your class.

Havent tried it though.

------------------

Coffee anyone?
Old 05-11-2001, 07:49 PM   #3
Floraowe
The Magister

The thieves guild quotamaster shows up in your thieves guild every five days, shortly after your thieves return from their missions.

As for getting all the strongholds, you might be able to do it by changing your class using shadowkeeper. Just a guess, though, I don't know for sure.

You can download shadowkeeper here:

http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/bald...2/cheats.shtml

You can get Nalia's keep and one other of your choice without hacking (as long as you are the right classes) by completing the keep quest, but not talking to Nalia afterwards until you have another stronghold. Then you go back and finish the keep quest by talking to Nalia, and you get that one too.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Floraowe (edited 05-11-2001).]
Old 05-11-2001, 09:09 PM   #4
Greadius
The Magister

I tried this with Shadowkeeper, I got the mage stronghold, the fighter one, the playhouse, and the ranger one. It was quite diffucult to switch classes at the right times, since you often didn't know what the exact point your class was needed. For example, I ran the cleric quests but must have not been a cleric at the right time because the stronghold quest was never offered. Just remember to save before you talk to any of the vital characters.
Old 05-11-2001, 09:49 PM   #5
logicalson
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the input, I've got Shadowkeeper so I'll give the class changing suggestion a try... though it means starting over. Interesting bit about the Keep too, not talking to her until you've completed another stronghold quest. Shadowkeeper is also great for... fixing NPC's into something interesting, give them life even after you've built your orignal choices far above the ones that later join.

Also, it's been a couple days and I've checked regularly at the Thieves Guild. I still have'nt encountered the Quotamaster, where and when does he show up?

Once again, thanks for all the help!