Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2003, 04:21 AM   #1
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

I can't seem to find any Potions of Extra Healing. I've never had a problem with finding them before, in fact I use weimers ease-of-use mod so I can stack them. I've never even bought them before because I always find so many, so I don't even know where would sell them in the un-modded game to check.

The problem may have something to do with the fact that this is my first game since installing The Darkest Day. Either the mod removes lots of them, or the new areas I'm exploring don't give any. Either way, I've run out . To make matters worse, I can't seem to find a store that sells them. I'm in chapter 2, and I think the only place I havent looked yet is Trademeet, because it's too much trouble to activate Trademeets shops.

Does anyone know where I can find a supply of Potions of Extra Healing (+17 HPs), and can anyone tell me why I can't find them (ie. they've been removed with the mod, or new area monsters aren't carrying them etc)
Old 02-06-2003, 05:31 AM   #2
Karse Soze
The Magister

I know it's probably lousy advice. But if you think, that you're beeing treated unpleasantly by the game, you could always use "shadowkeeper". I know it's cheating...but it could be...and I'm not saying it is...but it could be a bug.

Ofcourse you can always sleep a lot [img]smile.gif[/img]
T.I.A.<br />[whois] Karse Soze<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.karwal.dk/portraitportal\" target=\"_blank\">The Portrait Portal</a><br />[url]\"http://www.karwal.dk/dogeared\" target=\"_blank\">dogeared</a>
Karse Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 05:57 AM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Or pickpocket the owner of the adventurer's market for his Ring of Regeneration, for that matter...

Oh, and have you already tried the potion-lady who's standing next to the Derelict House in the Bridge District? Not sure if she's selling potions of greater healing as well, though...

[ 02-06-2003, 05:58 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 08:25 AM   #4
Annatar
Mephistopheles

I thought the bartender (forgot his name) at the Copper Cornet has a infinity stack of them in is ''that pile of things there in the corner'' (TDD) I'm not really sure it was the bartender or a bonus merchant... but I am sure ive seen a merchant/bartender with a infitiy supply of Greater healing potions

[ 02-06-2003, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 02-06-2003, 11:01 AM   #5
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
I thought the bartender (forgot his name) at the Copper Cornet has a infinity stack of them in is ''that pile of things there in the corner'' (TDD) I'm not really sure it was the bartender or a bonus merchant
yes it is the bar tender, and I checked his normal stock, but I dunno if I checked his 'pile of things in the corner'. I checked the bonus merchants.
I haven't been to the bridge district yet, so I'll look there. I checked the temples though, and all the merchants in Slums, Docks, Waukeen's Promenade, and Umar Hills.

I don't wanna cheat healing potions for myself. rings of regeneration are great, but too slow during combat, same with sleeping and healing spells.

Could be to do with the fact I've gone tank heavy this time. For those who know the Darkest Day characters, this is my party.

Me - Samurai (ranger kit), dual wielding katana and wakizashi/scimitars
Avaunis - Cerebral Knight (anti-psi Paladin), 2-handed swords
Yeslick - Dwarven Fighter/Cleric, Hammer and Shield
Jaheira - wielding Poison Ivy (druid staff +3, causes poison)
Yoshimo - Katana and Tuigan Bow
Robillard - Human Invoker (mage), daggers and darts

despite the samurai kit being limited to leather type armours, he has the same AC of a fighter in full plate. This means I have virtually 4 tanks, Yoshi for traps and archery, plus Robillard as my mage. You might also think that I have 2 priests and 2 semi-priests, but both Samurai and Cerebral Knights lack any spell casting, so my only healing spells are from 2 multi-class priests, so they both level slowly. And since tanks are the ones involved in melee, they're always getting wounded, and always needing healing.
Old 02-06-2003, 03:59 PM   #6
Vedran
Lord Soth

Temples do not sell those?
Have you checked all of them:

Helm - Bridge
Oghma - Docks
Ilmater - Promenade
Ilmater - Slums
Waukeen - Government
Helm, Talos, Lathander - Temple district

Waukeen - Trademeet

Umberlee - Brynnlaw

Perhaps a revising your tactic would be good.
Make two tanks and two backup tanks - archers.
Try disabling enemies before they do much damage. Emotion, Chaos, Confusion, Command... work great.
Lower the Difficulty slider. That will reduce the damage done to you.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 04:34 PM   #7
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

For some reason, I never really use potions since I figure that I could make better use of them later. In BG, Khalid and Jaheira carried potions, and their inventories were entirely full of them. Other characters had to carry a few potions even with two characters with full inventories of them! I finished BGII with an abundance of potions, and when I beat IWDII I actually had four full potion bags and then some more potions. Potion cases are not availiable in BGII, except in the expansion.
LS0158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 12:22 AM   #8
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
If you really can't find any, I'd suggest using SK or CLUA to get some, if you want to be fair, charge yourself for them! (I think they are supposed to be around 750 gp each). You can edit your gold with SK, although with CLUA, I'm not sure--try AddGold("-750"). You could also buy something expensive and drop it while adding an equivalent value of potions.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 10:24 AM   #9
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

where is there a temple of Waukeen in the Government area ??

no, I haven't tried all the temples, but don't they all have the same thing though ? I tried a few.
The bar tender in the copper coronet did indeed have 10 potions of Extra Healing, I bought them all. Also, I've switched back to doing standard game quests (non-TDD quests) and I've started finding a few potions on dead people.
I am however, still interested to know if the unmodded game has many potions of extra healing available in the stores.

oh and btw, my fighter/cleric and jaheira do already swap between using slings and closing for melee. 1 problem I really have to rememdy is my weapons. most of my party only have +1 weapons, so I need to find some more powerful kit.
Old 02-07-2003, 04:12 PM   #10
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

When I was soloing as a fighter finding enough healing potions did become a real issues.

I didn't actually find anywhere with any decent supplies, fighting was the only real way to get them. I just used them in emergencies only, and paid priests for the rest of my healing.

Well, until I got the ring of Gaxx [img]smile.gif[/img]