Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2002, 04:48 PM   #1
uwe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi,

I play now my 2nd time with a Cane of Corpus wielding Ninja now. Really nice and even room for a second weapon.
But what ??? I have a Winter Wand, a Sprite Dagger, a Sai and an enchanted wakizaki. The datas for them seem in general the same. Some have more damge, but less extras, some more extra (+15 paralyze for example) but less damage.

I tried to sell some of those, the Ench. Wakizaki was around 18000 and the sprites Dagger about 18.

Why is the Wakizaki so good ?
uwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 05:49 PM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by uwe:
But what ??? I have a Winter Wand, a Sprite Dagger, a Sai and an enchanted wakizaki. The datas for them seem in general the same. Some have more damge, but less extras, some more extra (+15 paralyze for example) but less damage.

I tried to sell some of those, the Ench. Wakizaki was around 18000 and the sprites Dagger about 18.

Why is the Wakizaki so good ?
Welcome to IW! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Short Answer: Most damaging off-hand sword in the game (ie ideal for samurai.)

I'm looking at the stats in my Wiz8 strat guide, and the most damaging quarterstaff/wands I can see that aren't cursed are Flame Staff and Stun Rod. The best cursed are Rammbus Staff, Staff of Doom, Crux of Crossing and Bonebasher Staff. The two things are, I don't know how much they're cursed, and I don't know if they can be wielded 2 handed.

Best overall in terms of damage is Staff of Doom. Like I said though, the two that sound like they're 1handed is Crux of Crossing and Stun Rod. Check them out. If not, try a dagger like Sprite's. It would be easier to max your staff if you had two though.

I say dagger cuz its the quickest offhand weapon, and with ninjas you like to be hitting a LOT.

[ 09-20-2002, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: True_Moose ]
Old 09-20-2002, 09:14 PM   #3
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Well it's easiest to develop him to dual the same weapon type, so I would reccomend dualing wands (don't think there is a staff anywhere that can be dual wielded in the second hand, only wands). The best one after the CoC is called the Wand of Sprites. From what you have now I would go with the Winter Wand.

If you want to pump the # of swings/attacks you're getting, try out the Haste spell if you don't already use it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2002, 01:01 AM   #4
otter
Elminster

My POV: For any character, the weapon with the highest disabling rate is the best. Add up all the "Kill X%, Paralize Y%", etc, and use the one with the most.
OR: using two weapons of the same skill category makes you learn it much faster.
I think for a FN that means Winter Wand for offhand, then later Rod of Sprites (if your lucky and it drops...)
Enchanted Whackyslashy is great for Sam's because their Sword bonus offsets the Dual Wield penalty.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 08:15 AM   #5
Niob
The Magister

best second weapon for fairy ninja is rod of sprites..its staff&wand like coc.
You find it in mountain wilderness o ascension peak, before aou get there enchanted wakizahsi is really good.
Niob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 03:51 PM   #6
Annheiser
Manshoon

The Enc Wakizashi is good because it is the best off-hand sword in the game.

[ 09-21-2002, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Annheiser ]
Old 09-22-2002, 12:41 AM   #7
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hmm you can`t use a second wapon for the NInja if you use the Cane Of Corpus because it is "cursed" so she cant swap weapon!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 01:07 AM   #8
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Well you can use an offhand weapon with the CoC, you just can't switch from that combination of weapons. So you couldn't switch to say a bow or shuriken. Actually you can but you just have to either cast or have a bishop use remove curse alot.