Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2001, 09:53 PM   #11
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Um....with my fingers.
Except when I use my butt cheeks. But then it's not terribly legable. It's also hard on the keyboard.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 09-08-2001, 10:00 PM   #12
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I type much like LadyZ and Larry

Interestingly enough, I type better when not looking at the keyboard or the screen...like when I am typing something that I have written on paper, or from a book. When I look at the keyboard I actually make more mistakes

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-08-2001, 10:06 PM   #13
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
I type much like LadyZ and Larry

Interestingly enough, I type better when not looking at the keyboard or the screen...like when I am typing something that I have written on paper, or from a book. When I look at the keyboard I actually make more mistakes

I know what you mean Moridin. Seems like there is a part of your brain eventually, after you have typed for a few years, that goes on "automatic". You see text, your hands type it, no need for looking at the monitor or keyboard, heck, your mind can wander while you are doing it, go figure!

------------------
Old 09-08-2001, 10:26 PM   #14
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

What LadyZ said, I put my four right fingers on the lala, and left on lala... but I usually use the fingers near my thumb... just like jerome... and now IU am being conscious and typing with ALL of my fingers right now!!!

Actually, the one LAdyZ mentioned is how you should really position yourself and all... and usually type the quickest or know all where the letters are...

------------------

Heya! It's me, Imoen! And I looove bunnies!!!
Old 09-08-2001, 10:55 PM   #15
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Was just in rememberence mode

Last year while studying abroad, I had the most difficult time with the keyboards. We studied in France, Italy, and Austria...and the keyboards changed with each country

As soon as I finally got the hang of one, we moved onto the next country...there was some serious hen pecking going on there!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-09-2001, 04:42 AM   #16
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah i type like Ladyzekke, with fingers in certain postitions. It took me a while to learn typing this way, but chatting has been very helpful . And as Moridin, i dont look to the keyboard neither, and maybe i commit more mistakes if i look to it.

------------------
"Sigh" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Old 09-09-2001, 05:27 AM   #17
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I type like LadyZ, Larry, Ertai and the rest too. My parents, so frustrated with my 'pecking' typing, finally set out a reward if we learn that kind of typing and type at 180 letters per minute (thats 3 per second)with only 2-3 mistakes per page. I think I'm there by now, all this posting is keeping me in shape. I don't look at the keys anymore because my fingers are now on automatic. My eyes can't keep up anymore!

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 09-09-2001, 05:43 AM   #18
Rikard

Something conmpletly offtopic but since it is my topic i can do that

that smiley that i used on this topic was actually because i thought like "Man did i really post this one>?"

------------------
I Am The SunGod
Here To Enlighten You

Old 09-09-2001, 07:40 AM   #19
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I took typing in high school and actually enjoyed it. Didn't really use the skill much until I started helping type reports for ex-dh on his computer.. oh.... was that in '86? (Gosh time flies!)

But my typing really took off once I started chatting on mIRC in '96. I haven't been timed, but I think I type fairly quickly. I can type almost as fast as I can think. (hmmmm... maybe I think slowly?? ) And yes, my fingers are on the 'correct' keys.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Something conmpletly offtopic but since it is my topic i can do that

that smiley that i used on this topic was actually because i thought like "Man did i really post this one>?"

Rikard.. there is validity in a thread like this, IMHO. It's possible to gain a little more insight into people even from seemingly simple questions.

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 09-09-2001).]
Old 09-09-2001, 08:04 AM   #20
DiabloRex