Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2001, 12:29 PM   #1
Eelkram
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've got 100% in all thieving skills, and about 205% in pickpockets a a lvl 25 thief. I was wondering where should I be putting my thieving ability pts now? If I'm correct, 100% find traps let you disarm everything, 100% in pick locks let you open every lock that's pickable, how about the other abilities? Do your traps get better if you put in more than 100% in traps? How about the other abilities?
Eelkram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 12:49 PM   #2
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Actually, there are some modifiers in the game for particularly difficult locks/traps/pickpockets. For instance, there may be a particularly difficult trap that has a -40% modifier. If you have 100% in Find/Disarm traps...your thief is now down to a 60% chance of successful finding/disarming. So...you may want to beef those up a little.

In my party, Imoen has a modified 125% Find traps and she fails occasionally. Kind of irks me as she's my only thief right now.

I'd suggest dumping some more points in your major abilities and beefing up your Detect illusions. This can be a real useful ability if you don't have True Sight via a spellcaster, item, or an Inquisitor. I think that set traps is the best it can be at 100%, but don't quote me on that...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 01:03 PM   #3
Eelkram
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I see. I do have 100% in detect illusion, is there any reason to pump this up more?
Old 06-25-2001, 01:15 PM   #4
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Eelkram:
I see. I do have 100% in detect illusion, is there any reason to pump this up more?
Hmmm...I don't really know. I only mentioned it because you didn't mention this skill in your original post and many players neglect it. Jan Jansen (in my second time through SoA) has a high Detect Illusion ability and he was able to dispel some illusions that I didn't know were illusions before I was required to engage them in combat. I thought that it was a pretty cool skill...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 03:06 PM   #5
Eelkram
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I did mention that I had 100% in all thieving skills except pickpockets, which i had 205 in
Old 06-25-2001, 03:42 PM   #6
Nailz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well in TOB my theif has pickpocket/detect/disam all maxed out.. all around 280'ish, and i have some +% to make them even better, and it seems to be hard to steal from a store, however i have NO problem with traps/locks =)

i wonder why it is so hard to steal from a store? I even bust a potion of master theif, still same result... hmmmm!!
Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote