Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 11:58 AM   #1
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Wolfgir I just remembered that your sister was going to New York.
Pleas tell us that she is ok.
Old 09-12-2001, 12:00 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

I think she is, Djinn, because I saw Wolfie post here earlier and I think he would have said something if she was missing. I hope she's ok!!
My own sister visited the WTC only weeks ago, I cannot but feel relieved that she is safe

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-12-2001, 12:01 PM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I don't think Wolfie's sister's left yet, thank goodness.

I keep thinking back to if my sister hadn't relocated to Sydney a year ago, she would have been working at the WTC. She said Salomon Smith Barney cannot account for ANY of their employees who were based at WTC.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 12:03 PM   #4
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Well thats good to hear...
Thanks guys...
Old 09-12-2001, 12:06 PM   #5
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Not about your sisters old workmates though Memnoch.
It's so horrific.
I saw on the news one guy who had slept in that day...His mind was running in crazy circles.
Old 09-12-2001, 12:14 PM   #6
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well, this may sound potty and paranoid to you guys, but my son is in the USA at the moment, though nowhere near New York of Washington. What worries me is that he looks rather middle-eastern - he had an Armenian great-grandfather - and when Americans get over the shock some loonies (we ALL have SOME loonies in our countries) may start targeting anyone who looks even vaguely arabic....

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 01:16 PM   #7
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Well, this may sound potty and paranoid to you guys, but my son is in the USA at the moment, though nowhere near New York of Washington. What worries me is that he looks rather middle-eastern - he had an Armenian great-grandfather - and when Americans get over the shock some loonies (we ALL have SOME loonies in our countries) may start targeting anyone who looks even vaguely arabic....

I would not worry too much Fljotsdale. Americans are pretty content to let the authorities handle things like this and I have not seen nor heard of any anti-arabic sentiment in the U.S.
Rest easy.
We will all pray for the continued safety of your son.
*hugs*

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-12-2001, 01:25 PM   #8
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
I would not worry too much Fljotsdale. Americans are pretty content to let the authorities handle things like this and I have not seen nor heard of any anti-arabic sentiment in the U.S.
Rest easy.
We will all pray for the continued safety of your son.
*hugs*

Thanks for the reassurance, Moni. I tend to be a bit of a worryguts about my children. And my son is my baby, even if he IS nearly 32!

------------------

Old 09-12-2001, 01:25 PM   #9
MagiK

Moni you are right about the majority of Americans letting the authorities handle things but I heard reports this morning of non-arab residents in neighborhoods that were mostly arab beating anyone who even looked of arabic descent... *sigh* Innocents are still being hurt by those terrorists. Their quick deaths in the plane crashes were much better than they deserved.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-12-2001, 03:27 PM   #10
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi Djinn and all others, thanks for the concern!

She is ok, shaken as me, but fortunatley she and her husband decided to go with a later plane, otherwise they would have been in New York 10 minutes after the tragedy. As it is nowm they had to cancel flights and all no refund, but as she said. To loose money now, is petty compaired to all these people that lost their lives, and I´m happy being spaed that scene of misery first handed.

She was really shaken.
THird time one of our family "miss out" on a terror bombing. My parents witnessed a bombing in Turkey in the late 60´s, a bar they had visited the night before had been bombed a couple of hours after they left.

A couple of years ago the station in London which I and my father went by regulary at the same time each day was bombed by the IRA the day after we left London, and now this..

Terrorism is all around us, and not only for the USA to take action against, we must all in the democratic countries show and ACT against these fanatics!

I still haven´t heard from a friend that worked around the parts of the WTC, but I hope he is ok. He don´t work in the building, but he is a good samaritan and would probbably try to help if he can..

Time will tell..

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper