Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2003, 04:28 PM   #1
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Where is the second half of Lord Igen's parchment? I really can't be bothered searching too hard for it
Old 11-06-2003, 05:05 PM   #2
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

God i hated that quest!!! I could never find it according to the 1st part it is found down on the south side of the map. They use a fancy word in that note but all it means is "group of rocks" and you know how there is all thoose rock colums in the south...well it is supposed to be there but i could never find it even with TAB!!! if you find it report back to us on where it is i would love to know!! :0
Old 11-06-2003, 05:17 PM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

IIRC you find the first parchment there in the south and the second parchment is with the guys who are disturbing the woods
Old 11-06-2003, 05:39 PM   #4
Feral
Elminster

IIRC, the trick is that it's not always there - it doesn't even appear until you are given the "somebody's digging up the forest" quest. I spent quite a bit of time looking for the second half after getting the first half clearing out the temple ruins.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:14 PM   #5
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Feral:
IIRC, the trick is that it's not always there - it doesn't even appear until you are given the "somebody's digging up the forest" quest. I spent quite a bit of time looking for the second half after getting the first half clearing out the temple ruins.
No way! I wasted alot of time doing that..o well!
Old 11-07-2003, 03:20 AM   #6
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Um, I was given the first half by Lord Egen himself. All I need is the second piece of paper. Are you saying that I *can't* find the parchment before Lord Egen resumes his digging?

And is it in the dungeon (just went through there and killed the shadow dragon because I got bored) or elsewhere? As I said, I can't be bothered running around in circles looking for a scrap of paper.

Fetch and carry! Fetch and carry!

Bah
Old 11-07-2003, 03:32 AM   #7
Faceman
Hathor

Okay, here is how it works AFAIK
1. Talk to the Lord, and decide not to attack
2. Find some skeletons in the southeast of the outside map. They are guarding a note and an amulet (mithril)
3. Get back to the Lord and talk the whole thing over.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:46 AM   #8
Feral
Elminster

Aargh, I suspect Faceman is right - it's been a while. I could have sworn that I found one half of the note in one of the cells in the temple ruins dungeon, but my memory is probably playing tricks on me.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:31 PM   #9
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Aargh, I suspect Faceman is right - it's been a while. I could have sworn that I found one half of the note in one of the cells in the temple ruins dungeon, but my memory is probably playing tricks on me.
Actually, I'm extremely sure that you can indeed find the second half in the jail in the Temple Ruins. I know I've found it there before, without even having the quest.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:58 AM   #10
Faceman
Hathor

okay, I looked up the parchments in Shadowkeeper and they read:
Quote:

"This land near the Umar Hills is rich with mithril deposits, and I notice many other prospectors have joined me here to plunder its riches. So, too, have scoundrels and bandits been attracted to the area, and they prey mercilessly upon us. I have found an excellent hiding place for my mithril cache, one which even those thieves will never be able to locate. It is far to the northwest of the Imnesvale village, in a forest --"
Quote:

"-- clearing in the south of the area, placed carefully within a standing column of rock. These columns are common in this area, and this column is different only in that its clearing is surrounded by a copse of trees.
I intend to send this journal on to my family, so that if I happen not to make it home, one of them might track down my cache and benefit from it.

Idras Tombelthen"
So the mithril medaillon most certainly is in the outside area. And AFAIK this is all that matters, because this is what the diggers are after.

EDIT: Okay, I just found out that there is a third note:

Quote:

"The mithril in this place is almost gone, and after all my years of prospecting, this is all I have to show for it. My family will be disappointed. I have heard of a new cache that has been discovered in one of the old local temples, and will take one more look before I journey back to the city.

Idras Tombelthen"
That solves it. You actually only need the third note and the amulet to finish the quest. The second note is merely a pointer to the clearing in which the mithril can be found and not quest-essential.

[ 11-09-2003, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: Faceman ]