Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 08:25 AM   #31
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Gan Vahnsen

There was no need for Gan to speak, for if he had, he simply would have echoed Lorath's words. Better to stay silent. And so, Gan merely nodded and followed Lorath, keeping a sharp look out for any potential stalkers. Lorath could lead the way, and he would continually check the treeline.

Unless Gan saw something out of place, he would keep quiet on the way to the village. He greeted Bas with a nod, but otherwise kept his mouth shut, as he focused on his watch. While the others were chatting something might attack... especially if they were being stalked.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:50 PM   #32
Encard
Quintesson

"Certainly," Evon replied with a smile, inwardly wishing a little that the fellow's suggestions could be enough to make himself look soft and pleasant like any other person, instead of skeletally gaunt as he perpetually was. Still, he was used to it. "If you can tell me how to get to wherever you message needs to go, I'm sure I could manage to bring it there. Traveling with a destination in mind will be a pleasant change." Walking toward the young man, Evon added, "Unless that's a new fashion, you look a bit hurt - is there anything I can do to help?"

As an afterthought, he added, "My name is Evon, by the way. And yours...?"

[ 01-16-2007, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Encard ]
Old 01-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #33
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Bas returned Lorath's wave and directed his steps towards the group.

"We found tracks left by snake creatures, most likely the same kind that attacked the other group. It appears that they can burrow into the ground as well as climb trees. The trees were also somewhat strange, although differences between the flora and fauna of our world and this one were to be expected. Did you discover anything on your search?"
Old 01-16-2007, 10:11 PM   #34
Man Who Fights Like Woman
Manshoon

"Nothing much," replied Lorath to Bas's question. "We did find the treasure that apparently lured in Jonas's group, I think it's in that big white skeleton." He pointed at the middle of the big white thing the size of a house in the lake. "I'd like to check it out, but whatever attacked them in the water seems to still be there."

He considered the report from Bas. "You know, Anne noticed that something was following us. Could those tracks you found be of the same type of creature on our tail?"
Old 01-16-2007, 11:49 PM   #35
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Tamora

As Tamora carefully stepped back from watching the lizardmen, she felt something crunch under her foot. Under her, some tiny creature gave a high-pitched squeal and scuttled off into the brush, it was too fast for her to have any impression of anything other than something six-legged, chitinous and dust-coloured.

Near the treeline, though, the lizardmen appeared to have heard the noise as well. Rather than watching what was happening out on the shore of the lake, they made silent gestures and turned around, not having spotted Tamora yet, but looking in her direction. As two of them flanked out, one to each side, the middle one stepped directly towards her hiding place.

Evon

"Jonas," said the guy, extending his hand for a shake, "And thanks, but I'll probably be back on my feet in a few days, I just had a run-in with something poisonous in a nearby lake while rescuing one of my friends from it. Which is what this little delivery is going to be about." He unstrapped his backpack, reached into it and pulled out a stoppered bottle full of transparent, blue liquid which he handed to Evon.

"Just a short while ago, some other young lads and lasses came through the portal and I told them about the surrounding area, some of them decided to head for the same lake that I'd been at. Now, to make a long story short, just a short while ago, I came in posession of an antidote to this poisonous thing's attacks, the stuff I just gave you, there should be enough in there for one person. So what I'm asking of you is to sprint up the trail to the northwest until you find them, hand them the bottle and tell them what it is, just in case one of them simply must go swimming in the lake because they think there's treasure in it or some such."

He also handed Evon a three gold coins, "I hope that'll be payment enough, because between paying for antidote for my friend and that bottle, I don't really have anything else left."

Lorath, Gan, Anne, Bas

The high-pitched scream of some tiny creature in trouble or pain broke the silence as the group considered their options. There seemed to be some further commotion in the trees near where the shriek had originated from. Not a scuffle or such, just some large beasts moving about. Despite straining their ears, no one could tell what was making the sound.

In the sky, to the far northwest, dark clouds seemed to be gathering.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:50 AM   #36
Encard
Quintesson

Shaking Jonas' hand, Evon said "Sure, I'll bring them this antidote. Hopefully they'll be smart enough not to go swimming, but you never know. You're a good man, giving this bottle to them - I'll let them know it was you who sent it." He looked quite concerned when Jonas told him that the three gold pieces were all he had, however, and pressed one of the coins back into the man's hand. "Come now, I can't take everything you have! Please, keep at least one for yourself - you never know when you'll need it."

While stowing the antidote and coins safely away, he asked Jonas, "Is there anything I should be wary of in the woods?"

"Well, we were pretty noisy, so I think we scared away a lot of things that we might otherwise have run into, and there were four of us, meaning that there might've been things that would attack a lone traveller, but didn't bother us, still, we saw some animals, and they're nothing like the ones at home," Jonas stopped speaking for a moment to re-arrange his bandages, "While we were wandering around almost getting lost northeast of here, we saw some herds of giant insects. Like ants, but the size of a horse, they didn't bother us, but if you meet an angry-looking one, I'd suggest running. Aside from the thing in the lake, the only thing that actively tried to kill us was a snake as big as me which dropped out of a treetop, tried to crush one of my buddies. Lastly, we never had to rely on anything but our rations out there, so be careful what you eat, could be a lot of the stuff here is poisonous to us."

"Ah, thank you," Evon replied, nodding. "All right, it sounds like I've been through worse a time or two. I'll have the antidote to those folks in a jiffy. Take care of yourself, Jonas!" With a smile and a wave, he took off toward the trail at a jog, increasing his pace when he got within the woods. He'd run at as quick a pace as he could maintain, keeping a watch for possible sources of harm as he went.

[Jonas' reply is from Purple]

[ 01-17-2007, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: Encard ]
Old 01-17-2007, 06:06 AM   #37
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Tamora froze at the sound of the insect’s scream. As she watched the lizardmen fan out her eyes flickered from the hunters to the jungle trail to the tree line and back as her mind raced through the options available to her. She immediately ruled out running back into the jungle – she had no wish to become prey. She could hide until the last minute and try to dodge through the group and break clear of the tree line. But if the hunters panicked and attacked or tried to grab her she would have to fight and she had no wish to start a conflict between the newcomers and the lizardmen. And besides, she was more than a little bit curious . . .

She stepped into the open towards the leader, planted the butt of her spear on the ground and held her free hand out in front of her with the palm outstretched.

[ 01-17-2007, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: Armen ]
Old 01-17-2007, 09:51 AM   #38
Man Who Fights Like Woman
Manshoon

At the sound of the shriek, Lorath spun around to face the direction it had come from. The scream alone wouldn't have been out of the ordinary, especially in the jungle, but with the large rustling noises following it and the fact that they had been followed, it seemed worth investigating.

"We'll move up in twos," he suggested. "Gan and I will form the first rank, Bas and Anne the second." He cast a Strength spell on himself. "Now, let's go see what's lurking in the trees."
Old 01-17-2007, 06:28 PM   #39
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Gan Vahnsen

The half elf did not answer Lorath but merely nodded, and keeping his bow drawn, he stealthily followed the shorter elf keeping a few feet distance from his companion. He trusted Bas and Anne would follow behind.

If need be, he would switch to his swords, but with any luck... well, luck was what you made of it. At any rate, Gan would keep his options open and remain aware. He had no issue with Lorath assuming control - for now. If he proved to be competent, let him lead. It was no skin off Gan's back. If he proved to be hopless... Well, Gan didn't have to follow anyone's orders. If it made sense - so much the better.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:25 PM   #40
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Bas frowned. Already someone was ordering him and the others around, and just after the ranger had treated him like a child. Is this how people acted in the world outside the forests? He took a deep breath and walked after Lorath and Gan, while calling ahead, "If it is a wild animal, keep back and allow me to pacify it."
Closed Thread