Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2002, 08:36 AM   #11
Grimslade
Drow Warrior

I know you shouldn't judge a game by it's graphics alone...but that game looks sooo cool. The graphics look amazing.

The people who make the best gothic and nightmarish games will always be Id.

I think it is time to upgrade my computer...
Old 05-23-2002, 12:06 PM   #12
Krishach
Drow Warrior

Yea, I can't wait! It'll never be better than Heretic though!
Old 05-23-2002, 12:41 PM   #13
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
MUST..... HAVE.....

I hope they bring out a version of teh "dehacked" editor for it - I had fun turning Doom 2 into a Warhammer 40K setting using that

(I turned the Cyberdemon into a purple marine - once I did that he could FOLLOW you through doors )
Now thats a PWAD i woudnt mind gettin gme hands on - you still have a copy?

But forget dehacked - that was an exe editor for changing the rules. the DIII engine will follow the convetions set down by the Quake series - consoles and mod support built in.

Purple Marine? Which chapter is that. Bet its a tzeentch chaos legion?
Old 05-23-2002, 12:45 PM   #14
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
MUST..... HAVE.....

I hope they bring out a version of teh "dehacked" editor for it - I had fun turning Doom 2 into a Warhammer 40K setting using that

(I turned the Cyberdemon into a purple marine - once I did that he could FOLLOW you through doors )
Now thats a PWAD i woudnt mind gettin gme hands on - you still have a copy?

But forget dehacked - that was an exe editor for changing the rules. the DIII engine will follow the convetions set down by the Quake series - consoles and mod support built in.

Purple Marine? Which chapter is that. Bet its a tzeentch chaos legion?
[/QUOTE]I wasn't trying to stay true to any WH40K colours - I just ahd 4 marine colours available and swappeed the weaker monsters and the Cuyyberdemon for those shapes. I also made other changes, including making bullet puffs explode. Even if someone was MISSED, they could get damaged when the puffs on the wall next to them exploded

Was also fun to send these puffs up lifts to greet others

I may still have the file on floppy somewhere. Will have to huhnt for it though

Old 05-23-2002, 12:51 PM   #15
Suzaku
Drow Warrior

Looks like RE with different dudes and background...not really impressed...
Old 05-23-2002, 01:04 PM   #16
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Suzaku:

BURN THE HERETIC!!!!

Sorry, but im confused - doom is nothing like Resident Evil. RE is pre-rendered crap played from fixed camera perspective and a game I hate.

Doom is first-person perfection. Trying to describe it is futile, but you can find shareware versions on the net easily enough - a tribute to the perfect game that is doom.
Old 05-23-2002, 01:12 PM   #17
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
quote:
Originally posted by Suzaku:

BURN THE HERETIC!!!!

Sorry, but im confused - doom is nothing like Resident Evil. RE is pre-rendered crap played from fixed camera perspective and a game I hate.

Doom is first-person perfection. Trying to describe it is futile, but you can find shareware versions on the net easily enough - a tribute to the perfect game that is doom.
[/QUOTE]almost perfect

I found you could crash the original game by trying to open a door that was halfway through opening already

Old 05-23-2002, 01:15 PM   #18
andrewas
Harper

Well, LS, if you gonna go on playing with v1.0 what do you expect? I started with v1.2 and am now happily using Doom Legacy which is imperfect, but only because the sprite engine was never designed to handle freelooking.