Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #281
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver:

Xaver was not in the best of moods.

He had spent the night and morning camping outside, and though he was used to it, it was very annoying to sleep outside with a nice town just beside him. After the gates finally opened, the lengthy interrogation by the guards didn't help improve his mood either.
As he went inside he soon realized the townspeople were all giving him strange looks. He was accustomed to this by now; save for the occasional merchant caravan it wasn't often a dwarf passed these regions, and most of the farmers spent their entire lives on their farms. For some of the youngsters he could well be the first dwarf they've ever laid their eyes on.
As he went in, the scent of cooking fires reached him from the nearby tavern. He changed his initial plan of going to the smithy, repairing his armor and getting back on the road as soon as he could, and instead decided to go in and have a proper meal. He had survived on rations for the past week. And Clangeddin knows when will I have the next opportunity to get a hot meal. The armor business isn't so urgent it can't wait a few hours. - he thought to himself.
As he stepped in, the tavern went momentarily silent as everyone looked at the newcomer. He sat at a new table and as he did so he noticed a person sitting at the next table moving away from him. This annoyed him even more. I know I'm a stranger here, but that doesn't mean I should be treated like a leper. I usually get a warmer welcome even in these backwater human villages.

Food was brought to him and soon his mood was improved. Sitting at a table close to his was one of the local young farming girls. It was obvious she was intrigued by the visitor, and soon her curiosity got the better of her. After telling her a bit of his old war tales Xaver chatted about the events of yesterday. He soon learnt about the fire and the two heroes who saved the day. He also heard a handful of other rumours about the local populance which seemed of utmost importance to the girl but mattered little to Xaver.

It was getting pretty late as he got out. I wonder if the smithy is still open at this hour. I will *YAAAAAAWN* go and see, and if he's closed, get a good night of sleep in the inn and visit him tommorow. hmmm... I hope I'll be able to meet those local hereoes too... I would sure like to talk to them.

He made his way towards the smithy...

OOC<<
Was the smithy in the tavern too? If so I suppose is is safe to presume Xaver didn't notice him, since he didn't know how he looked anyway. And the girl didn't know he needed to visit the smithy so had no real reason to mention it.

EDIT:color

[ 05-23-2006, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 05-23-2006, 09:16 PM   #282
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

Pandaros disarmed himself and followed the butler without questions or comments. His stomach rumbled as the smells from the nearby kitchen reached his nose.

He scratched idly at the back of his neck, not noticing the little flakes of dirt coming loose as he did so. "I can't say that I'm here for any particular reason. I tend to wander from place to place, looking for work. I feel just at home in the wilderness as in a town like this."

Pandaros glanced around the room, then leaned closer to Sever. "To be honest, this whole hero bit is new to me. Not that I'm complaining. I haven't had a meal in a place like this since," Pandaros' eyes unfocused as he contemplated the entire length of his life, then shot a quick smile as his gaze returned to his companion, "ever."

"But enough about me. Tell me, what is it that drives you to throw yourself in harm's way for others? I was a reluctant hero today at best, whereas you've been at the forefront of all that is good and righteous twice that I can tell."

Old 05-24-2006, 01:00 AM   #283
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sever

"Good and righteous! Is that how it looked from a distance?" Sever cast his mind back to earlier in the day. Not knowing exactly why he'd acted so selflessly, he had played the whole thing down. Whilst the events leading up to the basement incident could be considered good, he didn't feel like a hero. And didn't much want to. But it did have its advantages.

"Let's just say that i didn't think it'd qualify me for hero status. I prefer to go about my business without the extra attention, if you know what i mean. But that was before this morning. Now i'm starting to think being a 'hero' might actually make my job easier..."

Sever trailed off with deliberate intent and let Pandaros ponder the full meaning of his words...

OOC>> Edit for spelling.

[ 05-24-2006, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Sever ]
Old 05-24-2006, 08:06 AM   #284
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For Sever an Pandaros

A servant approached the two chatting men.

"Excuse me sirs. If you are ready, then the Lockes extend their invitation to pass into the dining hall where they are now awaiting you. Will you follow me, please?"

The servant turned and exited through the door she had come from, leaving it open as she did. The dining room with a large oval table was seen inside the room. The food that was presented on the table was enough to make one think that the table would collapse under its weight. The servant had walked to two seats and pulled them out as indication that this is where they were to be seated.

Description of the seating:

There are ten seats at this table. Edward Locke sits at one seat at one end of the oval table and Simon sits at the other end. There are four seats along each side of the oval. Sever and Pandaros are asked to sit in the middle two seats in the rear-side of the table from where they enter. There is nobody else present at the table but there are two servants aside from the one showing you your seating that stand at the wall. Just to let you know, Edward has one servant for dinner, Simon as another, and the one that is showing you your seating is assigned to the both of you tonight.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:10 AM   #285
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sever

"We'll talk later, eh? For the moment, food is right at the top of my agenda."

At the request of the servant, Sever entered the dining room and seated himself at his assigned position. He wondered briefly if there were to be other guests arriving for dinner but, given the current layout, he thought it unlikely.

Sever recognised Simon from several instances earlier in the day, but this was the first time he'd laid eyes on Edward. According to the information provided by Sever's employer, Edward was the elder of the two and had the greatest amount of influence wihin the town. Being brothers however, it was likely any difference in overall political power was slim, thought Sever. There was certainly no chance of any subtle coercion. Not with two of them. Not tonight.

"Good evening to you, the Brothers Locke. I am very pleased to make your acquaintance."
Old 05-24-2006, 12:38 PM   #286
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Simon Locke

He smiled at the honored guests as they took their seating and were marvelling at the meal before them. It was Sever that initiated the conversation, and Simon responded:

"We are the ones that are fortunate to be making aquaintance with you, Sever of...

I am sorry, but where did you say you are from?"

[ 05-24-2006, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 05-24-2006, 12:40 PM   #287
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

Xaver approached the smithy. He wondered again whether it would be open at this hour. He walked around the workshop but couldn't tell for sure if anyone was in or not. He walked to the door and knocked. Waited a second, knocked again and shouted "Anybody in??".

[ 05-24-2006, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 05-24-2006, 06:23 PM   #288
dplax
Jack Burton

Vindson, drank too much that morning...

When Xaver had finally been allowed to pass the gates, Vindson was already happily snoring in his bed, having reminisced much too much about old times with his old friend Oley, and in the process getting himself so drunk as he hadn't been for years.

As Xaver knocked for the third time, a window of Vindson's home flew open and the smith poked his head out, his bloodshot eyes looking towards the door to see who was troubling him at this time of night.

In the dim light, and in his current state Vindson easily mistook the small stature of the dwarf as one to belong to a youngster.

"I told you young pranksters enough times before not to hold your pranks at my home. If by the time I get to the door you're still there, I promise you that you're in trouble young man!" he shouted towards Xaver, slamming the window shut.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:20 PM   #289
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

Xaver stood for a moment and pondered what to do next. His foul mood returned. He was annoyed at being mistaken for a kid, annoyed for having wasted his day, and very annoyed for having his armor not repaired yet.

Oh well... no use crying over spilled ale I suppose. Since I'm already here I might as well see what else there is to do in this... er... town...

Behind the smith's shop he saw a temple. As a cleric he thought about visiting it next, but then decided against it. Agriculture gods were not really of much interest to dwarves.

Ah yes, the local heroes. If I remember correctly they were not from here. Must be staying in the inn then. I'll go and see if I can have a talk with them. If they don't intend to stay in this town they might be good companions on my travels.

Xaver made his way slowly to the inn. He entered and looked around for a few moments before approaching the owner.

"Good evening, Sir. Could you be so kind as to tell me in which room might the town heroes be staying?"
Old 05-24-2006, 07:39 PM   #290
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

New Innkeeper:

The guy was new to the job, having only taken it that day. His first responsibility had been to clean up the mess in the basement and that was not such a nice initiation. He hated blood. At least it was not his own, he mused.

Sitting in his daydream state where he was planning his new career in the innkeeping business, he was suddenly startled by what appeared to be an actual dwarf! What a crazy couple of days this has been!

Why..uh...well..yes...YES! Hello there little...I mean...big...um, no...um. Hello! I am Garnt. This is my first day. Yes...well...um...what? Oh! The heroes! Yes yes...well, they're not staying here, of course, NO! They'd be lodging at Locke Manor tonight. Yessir. No Inn for them folks, no. Um...can...can I offer you a room for the night, good...er...dwarf...person? We have plenty of room...not...not that you need it...but...um...well, are you wanting to stay here?"

Obviously, today was a day of many firsts.

[ 05-24-2006, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Closed Thread