Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2002, 10:37 PM   #1
Dragis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How does this work exactly? Can somebody tell me What this is useful for?
Dragis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 12:45 AM   #2
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

Welcome to the boards there Dragis...This is how the party A/I works. When you click on the face icon on the far left of your screen, where you go to level up, you will have to choice of selecting the customize button. Hit that. Now you can change the colors of your characters and play with them in other astetic ways here but if you click the "Script" button you will be given a list of three or four choices of automatic behavior patterns that you would like for your NPC's to follow. For example, CLERIC DEFENSIVE means that your cleric will automatically quit attacking the enemy and go start casting healing spells on any character who loses more than half of their hit points. It also means that the character will never stray too far from your character so if you move off by yourself, after you leave a certain amount of distance between the two of you the cleric will run to catch up. Occasionally this is annoying, especially while scouting or sneaking around in the shadows, so if you so desire you can make the rest of your party mindless zombies by clicking the PARTY A/I button in the lower right-hand corner and then they will only do what you specifically order them to do. I hope that answers your question and once again welcome to the boards.
Old 11-15-2002, 07:17 AM   #3
Grungi
Banned User

mindless zombies is good sometimes, cos set a warrior aggresive script at your peril, the muppet will run into anything headfirst however many times you click the git to get back into place and watching khalid attacking a horde of superghasts 1 against 10 was a pain to watch as he got paralysed on the 1st , hit [img]tongue.gif[/img] , is it just me or are those superghasts pretty nasty and only a measly 1000 exp im sure they are worth more
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 11:42 AM   #4
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

There is also the little botton at the bottom right (1st of the bottom right two) that if you click it automatically turns on the default AI. I acidently did this once and when an enemy is spotted everyone will go straight for their bows but in melee they still go for there bows (little annoying in melee). I was OK with the cleric casting healing spells. However the thing is when you use the AI the NPC isn't always going to do what you want it to. You can become pretty good at using the AI to your advantage with practice, you just have to make sure you know when to turn it off and on and remember that you turned it on.

[ 11-15-2002, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 07:43 AM   #5
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Good advice, but I have never played with anything but the Default scripting. The space bar is there for your use, so hit it often, and set up your attacks/defenses, as you please. I can never really guarantee what an avatar is going to do, so don't give them the opportunity to run off and get themselves killed by something stupid, just after you've beaten that x'th level baddy on your twentieth try and you finally think you're past that bit of the game.