Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2003, 12:30 PM   #1
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Okay, I am a cleric, and I have Imoen, Ajantis, Kivan, and Minsc in my party. We are just on our way to the gnoll stronghold, we get to the little rope bridge leading to it, when Minsc announces he has had enough of waiting for us to rescue Dynaheir and starts attacking my party. I have reloaded several times, and I can literally get to within thirty seconds of rescuing Dynaheir before Minsc becomes fed up. This is so incredibly annoying... I am so close to her, and Minsc just won't shut up for a minute longer... is there any way around this without obvious cheating? I'm so annoyed...
Old 03-15-2003, 12:41 PM   #2
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
Okay, I am a cleric, and I have Imoen, Ajantis, Kivan, and Minsc in my party. We are just on our way to the gnoll stronghold, we get to the little rope bridge leading to it, when Minsc announces he has had enough of waiting for us to rescue Dynaheir and starts attacking my party. I have reloaded several times, and I can literally get to within thirty seconds of rescuing Dynaheir before Minsc becomes fed up. This is so incredibly annoying... I am so close to her, and Minsc just won't shut up for a minute longer... is there any way around this without obvious cheating? I'm so annoyed...
Only thing I can say is, reload from a save. This is just Minsc's way of telling you that you took to long rescuing his witch.

You can try charming him, but I don't think it will work.

Or you can try creating another Minsc via the console. CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Minsc")
Old 03-15-2003, 01:17 PM   #3
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Could you dismiss Minsc (cordially) somewhere outside of the Stronghold and come back for him after you rescue Dynaheir? I can't remember the whole drama/story, so I'm not sure if this is possible. BTW, how long did you wait before heading to the Stronghold? I mean I have yet to hear this happen to anyone before.
Old 03-15-2003, 01:21 PM   #4
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

i had a warning that minsc was getting impatient and legged it over there

i've since learned that dynaheir can't cast 'friends' from memory

so much for her making herself all charismatic and buying her hero a set of full plate . . .
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2003, 01:49 PM   #5
Wumpspawner
Manshoon

I had the same problem with my first game ever. Minsc flipped out right on the damn edge of the pit Dynahier was sitting in! I slew him, and ironically found her seconds afterwards. Of course, I hadn't saved since entering the fortress, and I didn't want to do it all over again, so Minsc remained a corpse.
Old 03-15-2003, 03:02 PM   #6
StarVid
Elminster

I'm not sure if this will work, but if you can get him to any of the caves below the stronghold, and then boot him from the party, you can then rescue Dyn and go back and get Minsc. Hopefully he won't attack for dropping him from the party. I'm hoping he'll give you the "are you sure you want to boot me?" dialogue, then you can just say "no" and be on your way.
Old 03-15-2003, 03:31 PM   #7
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Question Mark

Yes StarVid has the right answer it will usually mellow Minsc out enough to find Dynaheir, but make sure you invite her to join you and keep her until Her death or Minsc will leave with her. I have found that Minsc can be alot of help late in the game and don't forget about BOOs secret attack in the Big battle.
it's so secret that after 6 years of playing I've yet to see it, even so Minsc does kick some butt and I always keep him!
Old 03-15-2003, 05:42 PM   #8
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Yeah! It worked, thanks you guys [img]smile.gif[/img] I just dropped Minsc off at the map before the stronghold, picked up Dynaheir, and went back to the map I left him on. Now why didn't I think of that? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2003, 07:12 PM   #9
StarVid
Elminster

Quote:
and don't forget about BOOs secret attack in the Big battle.
I'm assuming you're kidding, right? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2003, 03:41 AM   #10
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by StarVid:
Quote:

and don't forget about BOOs secret attack in the Big battle.
I'm assuming you're kidding, right? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]MAJOR SPOILER!!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Only joking
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote