Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2004, 06:12 AM   #11
GokuZool
Lord Ao

What about Minidisc? Underrated in every country except Japan.

I have 2! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2004, 01:28 PM   #12
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

lol, like the pic.

As for minidiscs, they are O.K. but there are not as good as a hard drive based mp3 player since they just cant hold the same amount. If you want a titchy mp3 player which is harddrive based (20gb) then do a search on google for the Rio. It is a great model, very small and lightweight, and in all the magazines I own, gets a good rating too.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:45 PM   #13
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Minidiscs hardly have any shaking resistance either do they?

I bought a regular iPod with a 15 GB HHD a few weeks ago. Haven't had any major issues with it, but several minor. The storage space is 13.9 GB instead of 15 for instance, and it's not as shake resistant as I thought it should be. I keep it in my pocket during my daily, rather speedy walks, and it usually dies for 5-10 seconds more than once in those few hours.

Btw, who honestly has any use for more than 15 GB? I can store 3700 songs in my iPod, and I doubt I'll amass that many in mp3 format in my lifetime, currently only fill up a third with roughly 1100 songs.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:46 PM   #14
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Well,
i decided to go with the earlier suggestion of an iriver product
i got an iriver ifp-890
ive heard that the 790 version can have a problem with the button so this model, which is exactly the same except a different aesthetic design, will likely have the same issue. So i guess ill just have to be careful and use a light touch when using that button.

From all of the reviews and talk ive read, this is the best flash mp3 player there is in regards to available features and software. So far its lived up to my expectations - although it was an INCREDABLE pain in the bottom to install the software since the cd that came with it was mishaped and so wouldnt work in my cd drive. Plus the manufactureres installation instructions using the software you download from their website dont give the proper order of doing things so it took a few hours of playing around with it to get the device driver to work right.

As far as capacity goes, its fine for me, i dont need the huge capacity of a hard drive based mp3 player. I just wanted my favorite songs on it which number around 40 or so. I can always switch out the songs for other ones if i get bored of them since it seems that the file transfer is pretty quick.

Though so far i have 1 issue - the arm band that it came with doesnt seem to fit me! urg and thats the whole reason i got the thing - to exercise with. So i guess its off to the mall tommorow to find one that is big enough to fit me.

thanks for your input