Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2003, 06:43 PM   #1
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Did anyone happen to read in the Sunday paper (supplement) the top 10 worst rulers/tyrants/despots (in regards to the attrocities, etc)? Saddamm Hussein was only #3! North Korea's Kim Il Sun was #1. After the top 10, they went further to list a handful more...Seems the world is full of men with evil on the mind too full of themselves.

I still maintain that Bush is too busy playing Cowboys and Indians to pay attention to what's going on 'at home'........someone wake that boy up! Wait a minute---that's a different thread.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:59 PM   #2
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Cowboys and idians huh..

Well anyway, I would figure Hitler would have been No. 1. Where did he rank in at?
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 07:06 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Cowboys and idians huh..

Well anyway, I would figure Hitler would have been No. 1. Where did he rank in at?
Maybe it was about dictators of this era ? Otherwise i think Stalin would also be a contender. He makes Saddam look like a boyscout.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:07 PM   #4
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Cowboys and idians huh..

No, these were rulers at present time, when they came into power (or took it), a short accounting of their atrocities, etc. I can try and find the copy and post it tomorrow if you like.
Garnet FalconDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 07:51 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Number 2 was the ruler of Saudi Arabia. Part of the reason given for naming him as #2 was that they don't even bother with "fake" elections. Wow! Imagine that, fake elections make you a better ruler?!?!?!?

Part of the reason for Saddam's #3 was that for the last dozen years he's been mostly forgotten. He is on his way to number one "with a bullet".

GF, obviously there's plenty wrong at home, but that doesn't lessen the Iraqi threat.

EXPLAINATION - "with a bullet" is an American term used to describe entries on musical charts moving quickly towards the top of the chart.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:53 PM   #6
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

IR, GF is correct. This is a listing of current dictators.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:58 PM   #7
Galadriel
Dungeon Master

Quote:

Hitler was bad, but I wonder where Mao Zedong was on the list, IIRC he killed more people then Hitler did, even though not many people know.
Galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 10:05 PM   #8
Wutang
Manshoon

Was Pol Pot on the list somewhere too? Didn't he kill like 10% of the population of Cambodia?

Mao Tse Tung probably killed at least as many people than Stalin. Hundreds of millions more probably sent to re-education camps. Lord knows how many died during 1900-1949 during the period of warlordism and Sino Japanese war.

In pure numbers, yes hate to say that Stalin was more of an evil dictator than Hitler since he killed more people.

I think Stalin's brain is preserved somewhere.

Makes for a good X-Files type episode
Old 02-17-2003, 11:11 PM   #9
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

I think the reason most people think of Hitler being worse then Stalin is the way they carryed things out.

Hitler singled out groups of people (Slavs, Jews, Gypsies ect.), put them in death camps, staved them, gased them.

Stalin, however, threw a bunch of people on the front lines. Of course, theyre were 'The Purges' and all that...But Hitlers is portrayed as 'More Evil'..
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 11:49 PM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Look like an interesting acrticle. Too bad we don't get it, here.