Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2003, 08:56 AM   #111
Grungi
Banned User

no donut he hasnt said that..... noone has said that yet on this thread, im not being clever with words, im stating some facts, so far all he has done is implied. Im asking if he believes that.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:59 AM   #112
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

This is how we really speak, its in a film, it must be true

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/maryp...llyholiday.htm

[ 01-23-2003, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Lanesra ]
Old 01-23-2003, 09:04 AM   #113
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Callum Kerr:
In your opinion, u may not have flamed... in other's, including the moderators, you may be considered a troll... Yorrick is being smart and shutting up... you are continuing to argue... let's just all shut up and discuss accents again... so that NONE of us gets busted...
Excellent post and ideas [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] and I say that in all honesty.

I will however make note of 2 minor flaws - Yorrrick is spelt with 3 r's not two .

[ 01-23-2003, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: Davros ]
Old 01-23-2003, 09:10 AM   #114
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I just got here so I missed anything that may be edited by now. Still, I see enough on the last two pages to make a moderator appearance:

Grungi,

I realize you're irritated by the flow of the thread but there is no reason to throw names at other members and insinuate the mods aren't doing their job properly. I agree with you that splitting one's replies up is inconvenient for reading and preferably not done too often but it is hardly 'spam' if it is relevant to the topic and in this case I suspect the author wished to emphasize the points as seperate ideas.

It might help you get along with everyone when there's a disagreement if you didn't command them to do what you want and then threaten to bring a moderator in if they don't comply
Quote:
a) stop spamming, 3 posts to answer 3 points from me is a sad attempt at spamming and frankly contravenes the rules here, id point a moderator to that...

Blatant flaming of other members IS a violation of the agreement you make when you accept membership at IW and is not acceptable behavior from any member.
Quote:
and sorry but your an idiot if you think that in your 3rd point frankly, cockney is NOT just an accent its a whole way of speech,
This is not the first time you've done this, Grungi. As a moderator for Ironworks, one of my duties is to help keep this forum free of such things. In case you didn't understand the ToS, here it is in basic form : Don't call people names, it's flaming and will get you in trouble.

I'm trying to help you here, Grungi as I realize you get upset over things in discussion threads sometimes. Maybe it would help if when you get that worked up over a thread, you just leave it alone for a while, til you cool off. That way you can respond to things that you don't like without the flames.

Yorick,

While it's not a rule-breaker, it would be nice if you'd keep responses to one post if they are consecutive replies to a single post. I realize we often come up with new responses and just hit reply instead of editing a comment and I've done it myself, so no worries, just try and keep them together if you can.

To everyone:

Remember that in any disagreement, it's the SUBJECT matter you are discussing. So debate the issue- don't get personal. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-23-2003, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 01-23-2003, 09:22 AM   #115
Grungi
Banned User

This is NOT an argument, im stating clearly my reasons for why and what im actually saying not what people are intepreting me as saying. I was honestly not being insulting before and i have broken no rules, thats not an opinion, thats going by the rules posted clearly on the board.
This is my last word in public on the subject, anyone who cares pls pm me.

im not commanding people to do anything, i have zero authority, im getting the rules quoted at me though by people who arent moderators, so im doing the same back, and the rules say no spamming, dont attack the person etc, those are all being broken and nothing happened when he did it, when i try and defend myself im the one who gets in trouble?!?!

i was NOT insulting him at all, i was saying ANYONE who thinks that cockney is about inflection is an idiot and i stick with that.

and if the rules are broken surely its right to call the moderators in?? am i doing something wrong by getting them involved?

I just want to be treated fairly, when i posted twice in a row once a moderator told me id be punished if i did it again as its spamming, that was a fair while ago when i was just starting, yorick though is deliberately spamming and remains unpunished despite doing it in most threads, i dont see that as being treated fairly and id like to know why we are treated differently?

PLEASE people if your going to disagree with me thats fine but at least dont insult me, discuss things amiably, if you do have a problem with me or feel the need to insult me then pm one to me, just stop doing it publicly.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:24 AM   #116
Donut
Jack Burton

Here's a picture of Charlie to prove he's a true cockney

[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-23-2003, 09:31 AM   #117
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
and leonis stick to pm'ing me eh instead of sarcastic comments on here?
I'm sorry mate, but you are trying to tell me what to do here. The question mark does not grammaticaly turn it into a request.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:35 AM   #118
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Here's a picture of Charlie to prove he's a true cockney
Um, sorry Donut, his kneys look rather straight to me... Perhaps he's Slightlybentkney but I doubt he's truely cocked.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:36 AM   #119
Grungi
Banned User

sorry i forgot a please (honestly i did forget a please, it was an ask not an order)
Old 01-23-2003, 09:40 AM   #120
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
This is NOT an argument, im stating clearly my reasons for why and what im actually saying not what people are intepreting me as saying. I was honestly not being insulting before and i have broken no rules, thats not an opinion, thats going by the rules posted clearly on the board.
This is my last word in public on the subject, anyone who cares pls pm me.

im not commanding people to do anything, i have zero authority, im getting the rules quoted at me though by people who arent moderators, so im doing the same back, and the rules say no spamming, dont attack the person etc, those are all being broken and nothing happened when he did it, when i try and defend myself im the one who gets in trouble?!?!

i was NOT insulting him at all, i was saying ANYONE who thinks that cockney is about inflection is an idiot and i stick with that.

and if the rules are broken surely its right to call the moderators in?? am i doing something wrong by getting them involved?

I just want to be treated fairly, when i posted twice in a row once a moderator told me id be punished if i did it again as its spamming, that was a fair while ago when i was just starting, yorick though is deliberately spamming and remains unpunished despite doing it in most threads, i dont see that as being treated fairly and id like to know why we are treated differently?

PLEASE people if your going to disagree with me thats fine but at least dont insult me, discuss things amiably, if you do have a problem with me or feel the need to insult me then pm one to me, just stop doing it publicly.
Grungi, telling someone that if they believe something they have already said they DO believe then they are 'an idiot' is calling them names. If I said to you 'if you believe you are being unfairly treated, you are an idiot', it would be a flame. NOT due to whether the issue is right or wrong or my opinion is right or wrong but because I KNOW you are convinced you are being mistreated and have posted that fact. So by saying if you THINK that 'you're an idiot' I would be calling you names. THAT is not allowed and all the dancing around the issue in the world won't change the fact that it's against the rules and just plain rude in the bargain.

I don't know what you're refering to regarding the multiple posts in a row so I can't comment specifically. I will say that it happens and most often, it isn't a direct violation of ToS in my opinion. It IS if a person continuously does it to rack up post counts or disrupt a thread, but not if they do it once in a while by mistake or to emphasize a point. It is clunky for reading and following a thread so it's more considerate NOT to do it, but it's hardly on par with flaming someone, Grungi.

Now, let's put this ACCENTS thread back on track, please. Any more debate over whether or not something is a rules violation should go to pm or email.