Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2002, 10:35 PM   #1
Nutman
Dungeon Master

Gidday,

i assume once you go to boogre prison there us no going back to towns for level up training until you escape.

cheers
Nutman
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 05:50 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

If you do it the "right" way then no. You have to finsih the dungeon before going back to town. If you do it by Radek´s inventive way I think you can since you avoid boogreism and all.
Old 12-16-2002, 07:11 AM   #3
Olli Kalma

I hate when I get level for no training bonus!
What's Radek´s inventive way?
It would sure to be helpful...

I killed Eardsmedor ( well that dragon in Dreagon Spire )
and got several levels at one time. Then you either can train your men at town between gaining levels, cause when you hit gainlevel button, you gain as much levels you have experience to gain... at the same time... Hups! Little hard to explain... you can't do anything between gaining lavels... That suck!
Old 12-16-2002, 08:01 AM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

Radek found this way into the Boogre prison. All quests will still be fulfilled and you can leave at any time I think. [img]smile.gif[/img] http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=4;t=007710
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 03:38 PM   #5
Olli Kalma

Thanks WillowIX!
If you noticed I had replyed that Radek's message too, just didn't remember it... Sorry!

Probably I wouldn't even found that if I would remember... So thanks again!
Now it's time to re-read that message again...
Old 12-16-2002, 08:41 PM   #6
Nutman
Dungeon Master

Gidday,

thanks willowIX. Radexs way looks interesting. I wonder, there must be some other interesting uses of the vanish spell - has anyone listed them??

cheers
Nutman
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 06:44 AM   #7
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Nutman:
Gidday,

thanks willowIX. Radexs way looks interesting. I wonder, there must be some other interesting uses of the vanish spell - has anyone listed them??

cheers
Nutman
Well I, packrat, and Bungleau had some thoughts about vanishiing past the Dragonspire to Brimloch. Then go up the ledge to the dragon cave andclaim the Mavin. Would save plenty of time and hard work. And you don´t have to kill Erathsmedor to fast track the game. I haven´t tried it but I don´t see why it wouldn´t work if you have the shroud and the sacred word.

[ 12-17-2002, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 12-17-2002, 07:44 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

Eh? Is it possible? I must try it sometimes. Here are results of my investiagtions of the Vanish spell:

1. You can vanish
- through the grate separating Bilbump and the Tomb Area in the Valeia Crypt. Therefore, you can deal the Crypt in a really short way
- from the Spire region to the closed area with the backdoor to the Boogre Prison.
- through the pass between the Spire and the Brimloch Roon East area.
- from the Brimloch Roon West area to the area behind the Anephas Shrine.
- from the Brimloch Roon West area to the closed area with Leprechaun's treasure.
- Anephas Shrine: to the room with another Anephas lounging on the ground.

2. You cannot vanish
- The pyramid. The vanish spell cast on yourself always fails, nevertheless, you can vanish your enemies.
- Boogre Prison: If you enter it through the backdoor then all your spells, including the Vanish spell, will fail until you reach some point in it. I do suspect the game that your spells will fail there until you trigger S'Keser'Da somehow. It seems to suffice if you hear "hee hee hee" and run away.
- Boogre Prison: you cannot vanish through the trigger of the teleporting maze. If you come through the backdoor then all your spells will fail on your first entering the maze. Later on, the trigger will catch you, even if you try to vanish through it, and teleport you to some place inside the maze.

3. To be investigated [img]smile.gif[/img]
- Bypassing the Spire dungeon as proposed by Willow [img]smile.gif[/img]
- Vanishing Xydusa?! This would be a score if you could vanish it away (perhaps, repeatedly) and solve the problem "Get Snakeskin Trait" this simple way Let us note that Xydusa isn't immune to Moon Magic: Icestorm works even if it does not work so good as Firestorm of Meteorstorm.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:18 AM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'll also add in that you can level up in towns, even if you've been Boogreized. The townsfolks give you a funny look, but your gold spends as well as anyone else's.

To prove it out, exit the Boogre Caves through the dowel-and-hole room, cast create portal, and call of home (or do it the old fashioned way). You can train and return at will.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 09:43 AM   #10
WillowIX
Apophis

I think the spire would work unless you need to trigger Kol, and Kol needs to trigger Erathsmedor. But is that necessary? And Radek, you are a fountain of knowledge! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]