Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2003, 01:37 AM   #11
lethoso
Manshoon

ugh, i heard st anger the other day and thought it was terrible.... them trying to be all tough and visiting a prison... was just stupid.... and the song, was rather uninspired to say the best. Ok in parts, but it also tried for a slight nu metal feel, which was just horrible.... i've never liked metallica much, but they used to be a lot better than they are now....
Old 06-08-2003, 07:35 PM   #12
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

I just cant beleive that so many are thoughtlessly bad mouthing Metallica, how everyone sees it necesscary to ruthlessly compare anything new to their own personal opinion of Metallica in their prime, its like the Black album : at the time it was many a die hard Metallica fan's excuse to call them sell outs but is now recognised by the mass fanbase as one of the best. The thing is that Metallica are doing something new and are still making music that they love and after a 20 year career of selling out venues and releasing platinum albums who's place is it to criticise so bluntly?

In short i am purchasing* the new album tomorrow and will try to the extreme not to allow pre-misconceptions and other peoples opinions affect my own.

* (blatant theft)

Ach well , back to me lodgings
Old 06-08-2003, 07:47 PM   #13
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Madman-Rogovich-

Just because its Metallica means we cant bad mouth them? If I band, any band, makes a song that sounds like crap I am going to say it sounds like crap if someone asks me what I think of it.

As for the Black Album, I like it, I even like some of there new(er) stuff, The S&M thing was cool, and who knows maybe there are even a few good songs on St.Anger, but the song, St.Anger, sucks, imo.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 06-08-2003, 08:02 PM   #14
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
Madman-Rogovich-

Just because its Metallica means we cant bad mouth them? If I band, any band, makes a song that sounds like crap I am going to say it sounds like crap if someone asks me what I think of it.

As for the Black Album, I like it, I even like some of there new(er) stuff, The S&M thing was cool, and who knows maybe there are even a few good songs on St.Anger, but the song, St.Anger, sucks, imo.
Not at all man, what im sayin is that i hate the fact that an influential member the media will express an opinion that is ''acceptable'' and so many will replicate it as their own, and i feel just that is one of the worst aspects of the music industry, because ive spoken to so many people who have spouted this generic opinion of Metallica when they have just got to decide for themselves.

Also dude you havnt yet heard the album so to join the masses in sayin Metallica suck now would be radical on the basis of your opnion of one song it'd be wild plus i just get real riled up about ''fashionable'' opinions of bands it really gets me

I better go strangle something ooh
Old 06-08-2003, 08:21 PM   #15
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Madman-Rogovich:
[/qb]
Not at all man, what im sayin is that i hate the fact that an influential member the media will express an opinion that is ''acceptable'' and so many will replicate it as their own, and i feel just that is one of the worst aspects of the music industry, because ive spoken to so many people who have spouted this generic opinion of Metallica when they have just got to decide for themselves.

Also dude you havnt yet heard the album so to join the masses in sayin Metallica suck now would be radical on the basis of your opnion of one song it'd be wild plus i just get real riled up about ''fashionable'' opinions of bands it really gets me

I better go strangle something ooh [/QB][/QUOTE]

I havent heard anything about it in the media, I have heard it once on TV and several times on the raido and never heard an opinion about it, I draw my own opinion.

I never said Metallica sucks, I never said the Album sucks, I said the one song, St.Anger, the single, sucked.

But I am feeling pretty argumentive today, so feel free to ignore me.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 06-08-2003, 08:30 PM   #16
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

yeah me too man i dont think this is goin anywhere, we're totally arguing about 7 random points , peace yo
Old 06-09-2003, 10:38 AM   #17
Lovisa
Manshoon

Metallica is great haven't heard there new song but there will be time for that too later [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 12:15 PM   #18
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmm... mostly could never really get into it with their pre-"black album" CDs, but everything since the BA I have come to appreciate and heavily like. The talk about them merging their earlier styles with their current ones intrigues me. I will most probably end up getting the album.

One( S&M version), Devil's Dance( original, not S&M), Unforgiven Too, Enter Sandman( original), Human( S&M), The House That Jack Built, etc... are some of my favourites. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 12:32 PM   #19
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
A fair bit off-topic here but I'm wondering, does 'the cloudy town of hellview' that you've listed as your location have anything to do with a lyric from the CKY masterpiece '96 quite bitter beings'? (actually, since CKY are an excellent rock band this question isn't all that off-topic afterall).
Why yes it does....
Old 06-09-2003, 12:50 PM   #20
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I was a diehard Metallica fan in the 80's. They sucked bad in the 90's, and this new crap is what you term "reaching". It is better than the "Load" albums, but is to disorganised. You can tell they are trying something new with the new bassist, but is to much. They lost all respect from me after being hipocrits with the whole "Napster" issue. They would have endorsed Napster in the 80's if ya know what I mean. They were a huge infuance on me, especially Kirk on the guitar. "Sanitarium" was the first thing I ever played, back in about 88. Anyway, interesting new stuff, but is reaching as far as I am concerned.

[ 06-09-2003, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: LordKathen ]