Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2003, 12:43 PM   #31
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
May 31 is . . . . National Macaroon Day

What the heck is a Macaroon?
I believe a macaroon is a type of cookie.

[ 01-12-2003, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Old 01-12-2003, 03:20 PM   #32
SomeGuy
Unicorn

It did'nt say anything for Febuary 30th!

March 5th-Personality.My Grandma died on the day I was born...
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 01-12-2003, 03:30 PM   #33
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
May 31 is . . . . National Macaroon Day

What the heck is a Macaroon?
I believe a macaroon is a type of cookie.[/QUOTE]Yep, a good one too. My mother made them all the time. Think of clumps of coconut saturated with chocolatey goodness. Yummy.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:40 PM   #34
esquire
The Magister

Lets see... my Bday is on Boxing day - everything is on sale Woot!

and my sister's is on St.Patricks day - green beer for everyone!
Old 01-12-2003, 03:48 PM   #35
LowTech
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I wasn't going to tell you this but... I was born exactly 3 days after Elvis Presley's death, so I am his reincarnation

Trust me, it's true.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:49 PM   #36
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
November 21 is . . . . World Hello Day and False Confessions Day

Does this mean I lie a lot?
It means you lie about the people you say hello to.

Hmmm, mine is September the 20th, I didn't bother looking on the site as I already know what happened on the day of my birth.
A national gurning competition... oh the humour inherent in the situation, oh the comedy, oh the coincedence.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:04 PM   #37
Grojlach
Zartan

"All is Ours Day"? How should I interpret that? That I could take whatever the heck I want on that day? And is it some sort of official holiday somewhere on this planet?
Old 01-12-2003, 07:24 PM   #38
Melusine
Dracolisk

I actually have a serious reply to this one.

My birthday is the 4th of May, an official day of mourning in the Netherlands for all the casualties of the Second World War.
At 8 o'clock in the evening, there is a ceremony on the Dam in Amsterdam, where the queen and other important personages lay down mourning wreaths in front of a monument, and the whole country is silent for two minutes.
A lot of people tell me I must really hate having my birthday on that day, and having to be silent. But I am glad I am reminded of it ... Too many (young) people forget how recent the war really is, and how vital it is we keep in mind how wrong things went. Being of half-German parentage, with one grandparent forced to fight on the German side and another participating in the underground opposition by harboring Jews in her house (which was across the street from a house where German officers were stationed!), it's an extra special day for me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, that, and of course it's National Candied Orange Peel Day... whoo. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2003, 07:35 PM   #39
Jeffi0
Zhentarim Guard

January 16 is . . . . Hot and Spicy Food International Day and National
Nothing Day

Now, I have some problems. On my b-day I have to do nothing and eat hot and spicy food at the same time, which is impossible because eating spicy food would be doing something, and if I do nothing then I won't be eating hot and spicy food.

BTW, IIRC it is also Martin Luther King (Jr?)'s birthday. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=010302</a> First 8-Bit Theater comic. The first few aren\'t really funny, but the rest are great.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:39 PM   #40
Gammit
Elminster

some strange days of transition for Germany are on my birthday. The Berlin Wall fell, and I think something else happened around or before WWI.