Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2006, 11:36 PM   #1
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

In countless magazines, the official forum, many, many people complain about it.

$2.25 for some tiny add on? ZOMG! Bethesda is trying to rip us off, those n00bs!

Quite frankly, I don't much understand it. You oculd easily find 2.25 in your couch/car seat. Even if you walked around town for a week collecting all the loose change you could find, you would easily come up with enough.

Thoughts?
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:53 PM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well I am one of those people [img]smile.gif[/img] . The point is not the money it's the fact that they are charging for content (that isn't even original IMHO and can be created for free by players).

Yes, you could easily find that money around the house but why should I give it to a game I already paid for in full? It's like buying a loaf of bread only t find that the last few slices are missing and must be purchased seperately. MOst people would say "screw it" and not bother - even if they were charging 2 cents per slice.

I feel that instead of asking why people won't pay a measly $2.25 for a tiny addon, we should be asking why they aren't releasing it for free since it is already so dirt cheap?
Old 08-17-2006, 12:45 AM   #3
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Apparently coz microsoft wants xbox users to pay for their mods on Xbox-live so PCers must follow suit. (sounds pretty smeggin' familiar to a dozen other Oblivion features if you ask me .)

If i didn't know the money isn't going to get spent making quality content, i'd not really have a problem with it. But it won't, so i do.

And it's pretty lame askin' people to shell out for content that they've already paid for...
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 01:08 AM   #4
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Exactly, if Oblivion cost Half what it did, or even 2/3's I wouldn't mind paying for updates to content.
But we have paid for their time, and we deserve this sort of stuff to come with the game.

Expansions are another matter.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:16 AM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I wouldn't complain if they'd wait a couple of months, put all the extra content, including a few quests on a DVD or CD, call it an addon, and charge us 20 or 30 bucks, like they did with Morrowind's expansions, but not like this. Have you seen the Horse armour plugin ? Can anyone tell me what it adds to the game that is really worth the additional 2$ ? Or the Orrery plugin, that too is just another useless plugin that should have been in the game in the first place.

It's not a matter of money, it's a matter of principals.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:22 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Plus the fact that there are tons of free plugins out there with the same function and some with even better function.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:05 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Ditto the aboves. They should have really put them together with the game before shipping it out. Or put them in the expansions.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 02:40 PM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah it piss me off too that they would try to sell me a game I bought already.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote