Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 06:15 PM   #1
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Great choice, IMHO

Quote:
LINK

Grammer feels blue over 'X3'
Thesp set as Beast for new 'X-Men' installment

By MICHAEL FLEMING

Twentieth Century Fox and Marvel Entertainment have bolstered the mutant roster for "X-Men 3" with Kelsey Grammer, who is set to play Beast, the oversized blue-furred creature who has not yet appeared in an "X-Men" film.

The Matthew Vaughn-directed sequel is skedded to bow Memorial Day weekend next year.

Studio is setting Vinnie Jones for the bad-guy role of Juggernaut. Jones is the former British soccer player who has been seen in "Snatch" and "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels." Juggernaut, a 6-foot-10, 900-pound metal-clad battering ram, is the half-brother of Professor X and will anchor Magneto's villainous band.

Fox has begun negotiations with "Lost's" Maggie Grace to play the role of Kitty Pryde, a beauty who can walk through walls. Studio is also searching for an actor to play Angel, a handsome winged mutant who is ashamed of his feathery appendages.

While Grammer might seem a surprise to play a 355-pound blue-colored brute, producer Avi AradAvi Arad said, "Kelsey was born to play the role," explaining that Beast is the most intelligent of the mutants, a pacifist Ph.D. and genetic researcher named Hank McCoy.

"This is a big role in the new movie, and when we met with him, you can see that Kelsey has that you'd-better-have-a-dictionary-handy intelligence," said Arad, who's producing with Lauren Shuler Donner and Ralph Winter.

Pic was scripted by Zak Penn and Simon Kinberg, with 20th Century Fox prexy Hutch Parker overseeing the pic with senior veep Alex Young. John Palermo and Kevin Feige are exec producing.
[ 05-19-2005, 03:13 AM: Message edited by: krunchyfrogg ]
Old 05-18-2005, 06:24 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Why doesdoes the text repeat thrice in the thread? Is it to make you look like you postedposted more information or something else? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2005, 06:27 PM   #3
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

I kinda see their point about Kelsey bringing out the mental acuity of the Beast, but I think it sounds like they're gonna sacrifice his physical agility. Kelsey's not an athlete. I would've hoped more for an unknown -- maybe a gymnast with a good vocabulary.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:38 PM   #4
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I also have doubts about Kelsey's athletic ability but am very happy to see Vinnie Jones in the film, he is an excellent actor IMHO.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:33 AM   #5
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
I also have doubts about Kelsey's athletic ability
_512k.wmv]ME TOO!!

[ 05-19-2005, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:07 AM   #6
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Why doesdoes the text repeat thrice in the thread? Is it to make you look like you postedposted more information or something else? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
LOL! I was copying and pasting the article, I guess I pasted more than once!
Old 05-19-2005, 08:14 PM   #7
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shadowhoud: I also have doubts about Kelsey's athletic ability
_512k.wmv]ME TOO!! </font>[/QUOTE]Dead Link.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:30 PM   #8
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

I agree, i think Kelsey will make a brilliant "Beast"

I cannot wait to see the Juggernaut also [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 07:55 PM   #9
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Wasn't Juggernaut or Beast killed in XMen 1?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:12 PM   #10
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

<font color = lightgreen>No, they weren't. Senator Kelly was killed, as was Henry Gyrich. No one else died--if you didn't see their broken, bleeding corpse then they aren't dead. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img] </font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote