Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2003, 11:36 PM   #1
Shotgun
Manshoon

I'm new and have found this board incredibly helpful! I do have a question about Tanova, though. I've fought the battle about 5 times already and finally think I killed her. The thing is, she just kind of disappeared. Is that supposed to happen? There's a body in the corridor where she started attacking me (outside the spike room) and I thought I "killed" her well into the fight. Turns out she kept coming after me and when I summoned more monsters, she just vanished. Does that mean I killed her?

[ 08-10-2003, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: Shotgun ]
Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 11:58 PM   #2
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

If she has fallen, she'll usually turn into a vampire mist and float away back to her tomb, all you have to do is plant a stake in her while she is in her tomb then she'll be dead.

Welcome to the Ironworks By the Way [img]graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dancing.gif[/img]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 12:08 AM   #3
Shotgun
Manshoon

Thanks! I was going to do that last. Should I do that before I go into the lower level? I'm having a hell of a time killing the grimward archers. Pain, man.
Old 08-10-2003, 12:12 AM   #4
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Hmm, actually, I would do it before-hand.

Add: As for the Grimwarders, for their arrows, there is a Reflection Shield in the Adventurer's Mart in the Promendade that will deflect missles back to the target. Blur and Mirror Image also helps if you have a mage that is getting hit by them, Physical Mirror if you have Jaheira.

[ 08-10-2003, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Old 08-10-2003, 12:24 AM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Gangrell, just because Shotgun is a newcomer to both the forums and the game itself does not mean that it's a good idea to post item spoilers. You answered a question that Shotgun did not ask.

Shotgun, vampires are notoriously difficult to kill (if you get them to Near Death, they have a tendency to vaporize themselves and float away in their invulnerable Gaseous Forms, robbing you of the EXP), and Tanova is particularly so, as she's a Mage Vampire. Just because there's (as you say) a body in the corridor does not mean she's dead, as if I recall correctly there's another female vampire there with her, and Tanova also casts Simulacrum.
Old 08-10-2003, 12:29 AM   #6
Shotgun
Manshoon

Yup, I killed the other vamp with Tanova and then focused all my energies on her. I already found the mace of disruption, so that's okay. I've now killed all the baddies in the lower level. I'm going to head to Lassal's spike room, but how do you do it? Can you just walk around or do I have to watch out for anything? How come some of the spikes cause injuries and others don't? Thanks!

[ 08-10-2003, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Shotgun ]
Old 08-10-2003, 01:01 AM   #7
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

The spikes randomly strike no matter what. I don't think magic resistance or saves matter at all against those stupid things. You can't even detect or defuse them with thieves. Only thing you can do is load the poor sod entering the place with lots of healing potions and hope you make it back out. :/
Old 08-10-2003, 01:01 AM   #8
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Gangrell, just because Shotgun is a newcomer to both the forums and the game itself does not mean that it's a good idea to post item spoilers. You answered a question that Shotgun did not ask.
Just giving him a reason to go for the tombs first Six.

Sorry, I can't really help you out on the Spike Room Shotgun, all I know is, is that they are considered to be traps but as far as I've tried, they can't be detected by thieves.
Old 08-10-2003, 01:06 AM   #9
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
Just giving him a reason to go for the tombs first Six.
But you could have said something like "make sure to explore the place first--there's an item there that will make the fight easier" instead of saying "in such-and-such place there's the MoD and here's exactly what it does!"

There are a few other threads having this problem and a similar problem, which is "oh by the way, I'm going to talk about something barely related to this thread and of course I'm going to load it with unnecessary spoilers!" But a) I don't run this joint and b) I have real-life problems to worry about that are more important than a message board, so I really don't care anymore. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2003, 01:26 AM   #10
Grammar
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun:
Yup, I killed the other vamp with Tanova and then focused all my energies on her. I already found the mace of disruption, so that's okay. I've now killed all the baddies in the lower level. I'm going to head to Lassal's spike room, but how do you do it? Can you just walk around or do I have to watch out for anything? How come some of the spikes cause injuries and others don't? Thanks!
It's random, though there are certain spells which can protect you from the damage. Basically it's a get in-get out situation. It might be advisable to leave weaker characters out of the spike room

Chapter 6 Spoilers [Funny situation]
~
~
~
~
in the Valen NPC Mod -- I got her and we were in there and she died to the spikes

Well it seemed kind of amusing at the time at least.
Grammar is offline   Reply With Quote