Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2001, 11:22 PM   #1
White Knight
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just got my thief promoted to a ninja, and she is starting to get experience. I was wondering what skills to put my points into. In particular, is it better to have a high level sword skill, or is Kung Fu better? (I noticed that fists/kick don't do much damage, but I assume this improves with more skill points in Kung Fu, or maybe with higher strength.)
White Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 01:00 AM   #2
RedJoe

Kung fu is good as it improves your damage as well as to hit. I'm not sure if it is better to have a high kung fu or high sword with gallantry skill. Any more experienced ones want to answer this?
Also there have been reports of a kicking/2nd attack problem. I used a dagger/wak in my off hand and that seemed to work well.
Old 01-16-2001, 04:44 AM   #3
carg
The Magister

You need to increase kung fu pretty heavily to keep the damage similar to that of two weapons. Advantage is you can use your off-hand for a shield (like the shroud), and still get a second attack. Disadvantage is you can't enchant your hands, and heavily blessed/enchanted weapons will be better than kung fu.
Still there is not that much of a difference not to try kung fu for a change, and it helps with money: you can sell expensive weapons, no repair costs and no expensive blessing-bills.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote