Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2001, 07:38 PM   #31
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
err, if they find out your lying on your tax return, you get the IRS on your back and you have a severe audit on your hands. and also, payments must be made eventually, so i say do them ASAP so they dont strike when youre low on money!

Moridine can surely tell you what is wrong with your statement
Old 09-05-2001, 07:41 PM   #32
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Yikes! glad to see you are that angry all the time Moridin...oops got you confused with someone else still dude...is it worth that much acid build up?

I am sorry, I didn't mean to attack you.
Old 09-05-2001, 07:50 PM   #33
MagiK

Oh thats ok 250 you didnt attack me so much as everyone and I didn't take it to heart I confused Moridin with Morrowind who was posting angrily earlier. Your question about if I could eat my professional pride if Ilost my job is really quite timely sonce I had a discussion at work earlier about just that. You see I was raised int he country and if things got truely bad for me, I actually know when where and how to hunt to survive I mean we are talking worst case scenario. Now granted I wouldnt want to have to survive that way for long but when I was a kid and my dad lost his job we lived off venison (deer meat) and macaroni and cheese (actually with the current welfare you can do better than macs and cheese 3 times a day now). There are ALWAYS jobs to be had, its just that some people would not lower themselves to do those jobs.

One thing I have noticed over the years..the people who let themselves get into a defeatist attitude, and who believe that no matter what they do life will crap on them....get what they expect. A positive attitude is important too.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

[This message has been edited by MagiK (edited 09-05-2001).]

Old 09-05-2001, 07:53 PM   #34
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Oh thats ok 250 you didnt attack me so much as everyone and I didn't take it to heart I confused Moridin with Morrowind who was posting angrily earlier. Your question about if I could eat my professional pride if Ilost my job is really quite timely sonce I had a discussion at work earlier about just that. You see I was raised int he country and if things got truely bad for me, I actually know when where and how to hunt to survive I mean we are talking worst case scenario. Now granted I wouldnt want to have to survive that way for long but when I was a kid and my dad lost his job we lived off venison (deer meat) and macaroni and cheese (actually with the current welfare you can do better than macs and cheese 3 times a day now). There are ALWAYS jobs to be had, its just that some people would not lower themselves to do those jobs.

One thing I have noticed over the years..the people who let themselves get into a defeatist attitude, and who believe that no matter what they do life will crap on them....get what they expect. A positive attitude is important too.

then you are blessed, Magik. I am truely glad to know someone such as you.

but still, I recommand you start invest on your financial education, I mean, start learning now. that will surely give you more OPTIONS.

once again, I am so glad to know someone such as you
Old 09-05-2001, 07:57 PM   #35
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

why is this thread turning into personal finance?
Old 09-05-2001, 08:03 PM   #36
MagiK

No idea..I havn't mentioned personal finace at all
I was speaking for me a way to look at life in general.

As for the education heh Im 40 and I am still taking classes.
There is always something new to be learned and when I quit learning
is when I'll probably call this life quits and try the next one.

If your personal life right now is rough going 250 try to keep a positive attitude, in the long run it will get you more than being bitter and beaten.
Dont let the bastiges get ya down, easy to say but still a good idea.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-05-2001, 08:22 PM   #37
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I would really love to get into this arguement, but it is going nowhere. 250, you make absolutely no sense at all. You talk like investing and saving money is the answer. Where does the money come from to invest and save? It takes money to make money.

I could argue that you are a slave to your ill conceived concept of life here. You are a slave to the idea of saving and cheating the government out of tax money. You are a slave to the idea of not being a slave to your job. There is an opposite to everything.

I am smart but not the smartest. Strong but not the strongest. I have a high opinion of myself that you will not be able to change with your laughable thread here. I have based my opinion of myself on my acomplishments and I am proud of it all. Sure I like to buy things. I work for them. I like my car, my house... Am I a slave to them? Hell no! They are comforts that I enjoy. I enjoy my job as well and am not a slave to it. I don't know why I typed all this out for you, because no matter what you say, or think, I don't believe you are in any posisition to judge me or anyone else here.

You are making a broad judgement on the world and on life from a very narrow perspective. Your soapbox is wobbling there my friend. I'd recommend getting off before it breaks.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-05-2001, 08:28 PM   #38
Elif Godson
Dracolich

MONEY,

It's a royal pain. Am I rich.... in life yes with money,
no. I get up go to work, pay my bills and enjoy what
pleasures I find in Life. I guess I am one of those professional
people that you detest. I provide job's for 75 people,
But I am not the owner. All I know is that the people that work for me
and the people that I work for all have one thing in commomn.
Courage.

We all do the best we can and provide what we can. Every night I can look
at myself in the mirror and say I helped someone today, and then
go and sleep like a baby at night.
Old 09-05-2001, 08:36 PM   #39
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

All I see here is generalistion of smart people with, what seems to be, no thought behind the comments.
if everyone is so smart here, why dont I see any mutibillionaire here? why is everyone getting up so early to go to work and work his ass-off for a pay check? How do you know?

if everyone is so smart here, why I sometimes see you get into a life full of crap and mess?
because life's unfair.

if everyone is so smart here, why are you working from Janurary to May just to pay taxes?
again how do you know.

if everyone is so smart here, why are you so physically weak? I mean, a intelligent guy sure knows how to descipline his mind, and force himself to work-out
I'm smartter them most people I know and am in possion of greater streanger then them.

if everyone is so smart here, why cannot you answer the question that you are so very screwed up and you cannot help yourself but to hide somewhere, and thinking yourself smarter than everyone else?
this doesn't even make sense.

your intelligence does not make up your health, your personal strength, your social ability, your intellectual skills, and it certainly wont make you look good. so stop braging and start improving yourself
wrong, brains can be a turn on, help you in coverstion and IS a personal strength.

intelligent DON'T make up everything!!
but it does make up most things.

whoever is offended most by this post, know that you are the one that I am talking about here
I never seen so many word to say so little.
what was the point of this?

------------------
Old 09-05-2001, 08:45 PM   #40
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I would really love to get into this arguement, but it is going nowhere. 250, you make absolutely no sense at all. You talk like investing and saving money is the answer. Where does the money come from to invest and save? It takes money to make money.

I could argue that you are a slave to your ill conceived concept of life here. You are a slave to the idea of saving and cheating the government out of tax money. You are a slave to the idea of not being a slave to your job. There is an opposite to everything.

I am smart but not the smartest. Strong but not the strongest. I have a high opinion of myself that you will not be able to change with your laughable thread here. I have based my opinion of myself on my acomplishments and I am proud of it all. Sure I like to buy things. I work for them. I like my car, my house... Am I a slave to them? Hell no! They are comforts that I enjoy. I enjoy my job as well and am not a slave to it. I don't know why I typed all this out for you, because no matter what you say, or think, I don't believe you are in any posisition to judge me or anyone else here.

You are making a broad judgement on the world and on life from a very narrow perspective. Your soapbox is wobbling there my friend. I'd recommend getting off before it breaks.

whatever, you are not getting the point at all. that is probally why they dont make sense to you

I am angry at those people who use intelligence to cover all their flaws. well, why do I care anyway? because I cannot tolerate idiots

I am not talking about investing and money is the answer. I am just showing you that many people are deceived by false security of their job, and satisfied with their conditions. that is what "smart" people do, you see? they are not smart. just like some of us here. we all do "smart" things thinking we are smart, but we are actually not. that is only one of the many dumb things smart people do.

I am not marking you as "not smart." and I have not meant to change your self-imagine. I am pointing out a false concept here, and you seem to be offended by this very much. I am nto making a broad judgement, if so, which one?

one last bit, it is very hard to be general here, since the topic directly involve so many members here. It is understandable that someone is offended, or angered by this post. when one fears something, he becomes angry at it. perfectly understandable