Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2003, 12:00 AM   #1
Vehndetta
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Know that there are other tech support sites and forums but none that have been able to help me with this problem. Have been playing BG, TOTSC, SOA, and TOB for quite a while. Recently had to re-format and re-load, went to install BG TOTSC as I have many time before and for the first time ran into a corrupt file that will not copy and if I skip it the whole thing un-installs right after it copies. Narrowed it down to a corrupt file in the data1.cab located on CD1. Tried to copy CD to hard drive so I could burn to another CD but still same file will not copy and I get a "cyclic redundency" error, oops misspell. Figured I would just buy another copy of the game but where I live it seems they just quit selling it anywhere in the area. Just wanted to make a quick inquiry to see if it is possible to download just this file from somewhere or am I barking up the wrong tree about the problem. Could not find info on how to get around this problem on any of the official sites except they say it is more than likely a physical problem with the CD like scratches. Rehabed the CD but no joy. As I said before not looking at getting the whole game (already own that) but just the problem file if possible. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-15-2003, 06:11 AM   #2
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

I don't think it would be a sin for me to upload the file somewhere for you to download provided you have a legit copy.

How big is the data1.cab file?

[EDIT]
It's 201mb, which still isnt too much of a problem for me to upload it, might be more sensible though to dcc you overnight GMT.

If this sounds ok to you, just p2p me.

Dace
[/EDIT]

[ 11-15-2003, 06:15 AM: Message edited by: Dace De'Briago ]
Old 11-15-2003, 09:24 AM   #3
Vehndetta
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Dace, sent a PM and e-mail to you to work out the details. Appreciate it.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:38 PM   #4
Vehndetta
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Will not let me edit my other post. I own the 3 CD set of BG that includes TOTSC.
Old 11-16-2003, 12:24 PM   #5
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

So, does anyone here own the 3 CD version of BG/TOTSC and have a fast Internet connection in order to send Vehndetta here the data1.cab file?

I believe the data1.cab on the first CD is circa 400mb, so only cableites need apply
Old 11-17-2003, 09:21 PM   #6
Vehndetta
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Found it, got it, burned a replacement CD, up and running. Thanks Dace for your help.

[ 11-17-2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: Vehndetta ]