Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2001, 06:37 PM   #1
warlock7

does the search on this forum work?i've tried it and all it shows is 0 found..I even typed in serpent temple and still 0 found,i must be doing something wrong,please help.thanks
Old 01-19-2001, 06:49 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Type in your keywords.
Choose subject only, or username only , whatever applies - in an effort to limit how many posts the search engine will have to go through.

Check off the box by the Wizards & Warriors board and then click "search" at the bottom.

Should work. I've done countless searches!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 12:48 AM   #3
Alira
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When I do search on any forum I just about always limit the search to subject only as using subject and message will bring up too many threads where the key word is mentioned and usually it is not answer to the question at hand.

I realize there are a lot of posts here but other forum I use have just as many and bring up the search results almost instantly. I do think the slowness is related to the ultraboard system and that is why I hope they change over to UBB board ASAP. In the meantime I will keep trying at various hours.
Alira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 03:00 AM   #4
Alira
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I too am unable to search here. If I use explorer, it just times out. On Netscape it just stays in a wait state and nothing happens. I suppose if I waited long enough it would eventually time out too but after a few minutes when nothing comes up, I just stop it. Because of this terrible search function I can't wait for the board to switch to the other format. when it was there for a day, I was able to search successfully.
Alira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 03:41 AM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Warlock,
It sounds like you are not scrolling down and checking the Wizards and Warriors Forum box. Did that myself a few times before I (DOH) realised that I needed to do it.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 03:48 AM   #6
carg
The Magister

Long waiting times for the results of a search often happened to me too. Perhaps trying at a different time helps. I've noted quite different response times on different hours, although search was never fast.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 03:56 AM   #7
Moni

I use Netscape & although search times are long, they end sucessfully. There are over 12,000 posts in this forum though so you kinda have to expect it to take some time if it is going to be thorough.
You can always narrow your search down to just subject though subject AND message get you more results.
Gives ya time to get up & stretch out...go make a sandwich or actually go outside for fresh air & sunshine! Fresh air & sunshine?! Did I say that? THWAP!
; )
Moni
Old 01-20-2001, 08:18 PM   #8
Misery
Welcomed New User

Script Error

Couldn't open/read the 979926243.info file
Path: D:/inetpub/wwwroot/tgeweb/cgi-bin/Ultraboard/UBData/Members
Reason : No such file or directory

(I've done a good many successful searches here so I do know how to do them. I also logged in just to see if that wasn't the reason why but it didn't help. Any ideas? Anyone?)
Misery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 10:42 PM   #9
Moni

Misery,
I got that same error just now trying to do a search on "subject only"...changed it to "subject and message" and got results!
: )
Moni