Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2001, 11:13 AM   #1
ccannon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello again. Just had a couple of quick questions for you all.

1) When is a good time to undertake the samurai and ninja quests? After Serpent Temple or when?

2) I have a barbarian (to be a Samurai), a Paladin, a Priest, a rogue (to be Ninja), and two wizards (one to be a Warlock). What should I do with the other wizard? Any ideas? She's level 4 stone and 3 sun right now.

Well, that was just my curiosity for the moment. Thanks again everyone and I look forward to hearing from you.
ccannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2001, 11:19 AM   #2
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

until your levels are over 14 level (I did it before the Castle)

well... you can always can turn your wizard into a monk ...
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2001, 11:21 AM   #3
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

My two-bits:

1) I'd recommend doing the Temple first. Some of the encounters on the west side of Ishad N'ha require a toughened party with good magic skills.

2) I'd leave her as a wizard for now in order to learn higher stone spells - very handy in the Spire and Brimloch Roon area.

Rick
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2001, 11:24 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Samurai and Ninja quests both take places at Shurugeon Castle which is the west side of Ishad N'ha - so it is a good idea to do them after the Serpent Temple.

I always changed my wizards to warlocks as there are more role changes available to warlock. Saz has a great list of the Role Ascensions on page 3 of the BEST TIPS thread - maybe that will help you decide.

Let us know what you decide to do!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2001, 09:13 PM   #5
Pangur Ban

You could consider changing your priest into a ranger then into a monk.

Reasons.
1. After the change to ranger, you will go up in levels quickly, use this to pick up any remaining vine spells you want.
2. When you change to monk, you can then learn the remainder of the spirit spells.

Before making the change to Ranger, buy as many vine spell scrolls as you can and invoke them into your spell book, this gives you less spells to get when you level up. I made the switch when I only needed another 7 spells to complete the set.

Pangur.

----------------------------------------------------------
"Alas, the dog could not enter the kingdom of heaven .. "

Pangur Ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 01:35 AM   #6
Pangur Ban

Another suggestion:

Wizard 1 to Bard, then Warlock.
Wizard 2 to Ninja, then Warlock.

As for timing when to change roles, if you have two wizards, one could specialize in Sun spells, the other in Stone spells. I would not want to change roles until 1) they both have the "storm" level 7 spell and the "artifact" spell for the spell realm they are best in, and 2) after the temple is completed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sad is the society where people are permitted to walk dogs in public without wearing protective helmets and kneepads"
Pangur Ban is offline   Reply With Quote