Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 04:33 PM   #151
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Wow, if anyone is cheating that's really pathetic. I never get why anyone would bother cheating at something like this - it's not like there's any prize or even particular admiration from the rest of us if you win. I've won two rounds and the only thing I got out of it was the personal satisfaction of being better than all the other losers who participated... [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 04:36 PM   #152
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Lol, yeah, it's kinda messed up. I guess all we can do is let him have his fun... we'll still know who the real winner is just looking at the next highest score though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:05 PM   #153
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well if people are cheating it's kinda sad,If reloading realy does work it should be pointed out to the people that run the site so maybe they can fix it.

Quote:Anyone with more than half correct with a time less than I'd say 40 secs at the very least is cheating. Period.

I have to dissagree with that.These new ones my own times have actually gone up because i'm not guessing,but the world geography ones I was guessing as quickly as i could on most of them but was often able eliminate 1 or more wrong answers to guess better.
Altho getting 1 right on 2 quizzes, and 0 right on a quiz show this method does a couple of holes in it.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
sageridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:24 PM   #154
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Sent an email to (I think) the right place. I should get a response in a few days. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 07:07 PM   #155
Grojlach
Zartan

Okay, here's the score - I know who Papa Schlumpf is and I know he's not cheating (though he is more than a little addicted to it, I suspect). I personally loved the entire mystery for the sake of blowing people's minds, but I suppose people have started to resent him a bit too much. Also, I personally think he's getting a little too 'into' it.

I originally registered Papa Schlumpf myself to play on the Oasis, but gave up after only a few attempts, because I didn't really do all that well. I liked the music quizzes on the main page a lot better, anyway. A friend of mine living down the hallway saw me play, took over the account on one occasion and then kind of stuck with it, and I pretty much forgot about it until Sir G started this IW spin-off (doing a double bachelor at the Uni with a minor in Spanish and in Canadian culture tends to get you distracted ).
I never really bothered to intervene in the whole 'who is he anyway?' debate because a) he wasn't really anybody familiar anyway and b) I just love to see people's minds get blown. He's been playing the game a lot during the last few days however, and he just got some sets of questions more than once, I suppose. Actually saw him beat the game today in only 17 seconds (both here and at the Oasis ), solely due to the fact that he had had the questions before - got some freaky photographic memory that helps him go through the questions like crazy, glancing a question once and immediately recognizing the answer. No actual reloading tricks were involved, however. [img]smile.gif[/img]
On the other hand, I don't know how often he really *does* play the game (he's kind of vague about it ), so I suppose he does practice a lot - which is a kind of cheating in its own way, I suppose. Actually seeing him play is kind of weird, though I can't say it didn't help my own score on occasion.

If anyone cares, I could nudge him into registering an IW-account, I suppose. I haven't seen him since this morning, but I'm sure he'll have some things to say himself.

[ 09-19-2005, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:09 PM   #156
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Wow, if those scores are actually real, then that's insane. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 07:17 PM   #157
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Wow, if those scores are actually real, then that's insane. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Oh, they're real all right. And yes, he is.

[ 09-19-2005, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 09-19-2005, 07:25 PM   #158
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Hmmph. I think he needs to take a little break from Funtrivia, and give his brain a rest.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:30 AM   #159
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Nice story Groj. But we all know what the truth is that you're Schlumpf and got those scores cheating
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Vaskez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:00 AM   #160
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Nice story Groj. But we all know what the truth is that you're Schlumpf and got those scores cheating
Nice try, but no cigar. You didn't see me twirling my villainous moustache when I wrote that story down, now did you?