Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 05:27 PM   #11
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Ditto LoA, but I also found that video about the angry pirate/donkey punch funny...
Old 05-17-2007, 05:46 PM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well, i'm not out to insult anyone if that's what everyone's getting at here, i just like to poke fun at things, wheter it's religeon or whatever doesn't really concern me. I'm not deleting anything, i leave that to the mods. I'm sure some of you already hit the "report post" button several times just like you did with the Lego pic the other day. Some people take offense on just about anything.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:59 PM   #13
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Joke's are all well and good, but if someone takes offense, you might consider at least making good on the issue, whether offense was intended or not.

That you refuse to edit the post, implies that the offense was indeed intended and that you have no remorse whatever for causing it.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 05-17-2007, 06:06 PM   #14
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Joke's are all well and good, but if someone takes offense, you might consider at least making good on the issue, whether offense was intended or not.
I'll delete it if one of the mods or Ziroc tells me to, not sooner. Like i said, some people take offense on just about anything, the Legopic was just another example of how long some people's toes can be.

At least i got people posting again, it was too damn quiet here.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:15 PM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
That you refuse to edit the post, implies that the offense was indeed intended and that you have no remorse whatever for causing it.
Now you're accusing me of intentionally trying to offend people? Shows how well you know me, who's offensive now? Again, i was poking fun, wheter you like my sense of humor or not is not my concern, i can't make everyone happy at the same time, Some people think it's funny, some people don't, and that's it. I'll leave this to the mods like i said before, if they think it's inapropriate, they can take it away, or tell me to take it away, but i'm not taking it away because one or two devoted christians are offended. Sheesh, first the muslims start a riot over some cartoons, and now this...
Old 05-17-2007, 06:29 PM   #16
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
not accusing, merely noting the implications.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 05-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I'm gonna close this. Johnny, I'm sure you had no intention of offending anyone but as religion isn't an open topic for debate/discussion here and it has struck a raw nerve for several members, I think it's best to just let it rest.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:36 PM   #18
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
I'll delete it if one of the mods or Ziroc tells me to, not sooner. Like i said, some people take offense on just about anything, the Legopic was just another example of how long some people's toes can be.

At least i got people posting again, it was too damn quiet here.
[/QUOTE]Your intention was right but maybe your method was a bit OTT. No real harm done at the end of the day, but for moratorium purposes (yes, we still do have one) it's probably left closed. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Closed Thread