Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 11:52 PM   #61
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry finished reading the letter and he folded it back up, tucking it away and wondering. Why was there no response to his question? The letter had just stopped there. Indeed, the old Sage had been right. Larry had been told a lie and his memory had been washed of the truth for so long, and only now was he realizing it. He began to get teary-eyed. It was so unfair that such travesty seperated him from his love. Now she was somewhere distant...but the truth was that she was not beyond the grave! She was alive! Myron had said so! Indeed, she was not dead, as he himself had proven which was why now he had to go wash up and get this dirt off of him.

He did so, cleaning himself and then dressing back into his natural garments normal for a Ranger. He was a Ranger. He was no Shadow-wielding mage...he was no sorcerer of any kind. Just a bumbling ranger...he smiled...it was good to be back home.

Old 08-05-2006, 08:27 AM   #62
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> I have emailed my explanations to Spree, as to why I am withdrawing Acacia from this thread until further notice. To ensure a smooth continuation of the plot as it stands, I have had to remove 1 OOC post as well as my last one in response to the character Arrakis'.

The door swung open at last and it was the irritated expression on the steward's face that she noticed first. "Yes, may I help you?" He might as well have uttered, "Yes, what is it now?!", which his impatient tone implied.

"I seek either Aragorn Freelight or Mistral Freelight." Then wondered if her wonderful knack for bluntness had not ruffled some feathers, yet again. Two years ago, you made a note not to do that. The memory of how she had gotten Rehan into trouble still stayed, somehow. But going back to business, she bowed awkwardly and tried again. "I have been sent to look for them, by my grandmother." Hastily, she started to search for her precious mementoes, handing them over to the suspicious old man.

The transformation on that good man's countenance was remarkable, to say the least. The narrowed eyebrows lifted themselves as he tore his eyes from the parchments, stared at her and then back at the letters again. When he finally returned his gaze and her keepsakes to her, his eyes had gone quite watery and his mouth was crumbling. "I... for... forgive me, my Lady." And it was he who now bowed deferentially to her.

Flabbergasted, Acacia shook her head in distress and held his shoulders. "Look, this is terribly discomfiting for me, as you can see. I'm here just to see how things are, you know." Awkwardly, she reached for the nape of her neck and tugged her own shoulder. "I don't want any trouble, now. As long as I know they're well, I'm off." Yes, the moment she had been waiting for was here and she examined his response, expectantly.

"His Lordship passed away four years ago, my Lady." She did not have the heart to tell him to stop this "My Lady" business, not when his sorrow was obvious. "He was found brutally murdered in the streets." His tone grew graver and a little disapproving. "Shortly after, our mistress Mistral Freelight turned up and took her position as heir of the Freelight clan." He sighed, his shoulders sagging. "She has all but disappeared, after her marriage to a... a... b..." Again, that look of disappointment struck her. "... a bumbling ranger." It was as if this pronouncement had taken the life out of him, for he fell silent for several moments.

So Mistral is alive, then, and wedded. Her eyes sparkled with joy, not particularly for this cousin she barely knew, but for her own release. "Thank you so much for this piece of information! I can't thank you enough!" Impulsively, she flung her arms around the dumbfounded steward, then sheepishly let go when she heard his disconcerted cough. "I'll be off, then. Thanks again, my good sir!" She turned to go, beaming inanely to herself.

"A moment, please, your Ladyship!" She halted in her footsteps, wondering whether to turn back. To acknowledge that silly address would be to accept a useless title. But another thought held her back. He's only being polite, Acacia... don't make things difficult for him. And so, she looked back, her eyes admonishing him for the inappropriateness of his greeting.

"You... you might want to keep this. Please, hold on for a minute." To her amazement, she saw this old man suddenly sprint off into the house. After several moments, he returned and shoved a dusty booklet into her hands, puffing as he tried to catch his breath.

"What's this?" Curiousity got the better of her and she blurted her question unceremoniously.

"It belonged to one of our mistresses." Was there a look of regret in his eyes as he glanced at the book and then herself? Then he cleared his throat, looking away. "Please, take it." His lips seemed to be trembling. "There is no use for it here, and I can think of no one better who should have it."

Nodding uncertainly, she thanked him again. Behind her, the doors yawned before their lips closed.

I'm free, free to face a new day and life! It had been two years since she had felt strongly for anything, and this release was sufficient reason for her triumphant mood. Subconsciously, her hand went up to her collar and she pulled out the necklace Rehan had given her, wondering how he was right now...

"OWWW!" Uncontrollably, she cried out, letting go of the pendant which had bitten her hand with a gnawing cold. Could it be...

Rehan! Rehan's in trouble! There had been moments when the pendant had entered various stages of coolness, but this was by far the strongest signal - if it were indeed one - that its owner was in danger and in need of aid.

Hang in there, Rehan! She dashed down the flight of steps and lane, ignoring all else but the stallion which caught her frenzy and was raring to take off for another adventure.

Now... where to... It was unlikely that Rehan would have stayed at the village of Lomton, but he certainly would not be hanging around Athklata or anywhere near it. It doesn't suit him... Yes, she still had preconceptions about what he was fitted for, even after two years.

But what was she doing, loitering about here? Rehan was now in trouble! Grabbing the reins, she dug her feet into the horse's flanks. "Give your best, you hear me? Give your best!"

Before long, the lone rider had taken off into the horizon, away from this foreign world...
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote