Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2001, 06:51 PM   #1
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

To recap: I have lost my IWD disc and Lord of Alcohol has graciously volunteered to burn one and send it to me. HOWEVER, when he puts the disc in it says it doesn't have enough memory to copy it. Is this some kind of copyright, write protected crap? If so, does ANYBODY know a way around it?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

------------------
O_H_F

Old 06-11-2001, 07:07 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Does it say the file is too big or is it some byzantine problem with RAM.

------------------
Old 06-11-2001, 07:16 PM   #3
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

This is what LoA e-mailed to me:

It said not enough minutes (74) but I hadnt even started yet. So I dont know whats going on, it might be the copywrite

Help?

------------------
O_H_F

Old 06-11-2001, 07:21 PM   #4
jabidas
Silver Dragon

He says the file is too damn big. You could go to www.blackislestudios.com and post on their trouble shooting site. The other option is if a friend lives nearby copy it to hard disk check www.gamecopyworld.com they have some kind of facility for this. Write again if you need more info.

------------------
Old 06-12-2001, 06:26 AM   #5
jfhck
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just try CloneCD. It burns everything.
Old 06-12-2001, 06:58 AM   #6
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Check the net for a copy hack. Some games have an invisible file on the CD toprevent people from burning them or so I heard

Also you can try to copy folder by folder and burn it. If you have HOW you will then be able to play it from the HOW disc! or so i heard... h *whistles*

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Old 06-12-2001, 07:03 AM   #7
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

i could do it with my pc but i don't have IWD. the problem is the CD isn't big enough. you can buy some 700mb/80min cds (i have some on the pc table right now). they are more expensive but i've found them worth it. or you can selectivly copy componants of the IWD disk. as in copy most of the disk but not all of the disk. just leave out unesoserry files(very hard to do unless you know what your doing).

------------------

Bruce The Aussie, Camp Barbarian Hunter OHF
jester of LH and Master Beastmaster of the clan of the Kats

[This message has been edited by Bruce The Aussie (edited 06-12-2001).]
Old 06-12-2001, 07:17 AM   #8
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
He says the file is too damn big. You could go to www.blackislestudios.com and post on their trouble shooting site. The other option is if a friend lives nearby copy it to hard disk check www.gamecopyworld.com they have some kind of facility for this. Write again if you need more info.

LOL yeah right "Hi blackisle how do I burn your game and send it to my friend without you getting a dime" im sure they will be really understanding

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 06-12-2001, 07:21 AM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Try to write them and send a copy of your receipt probably wrong word, but some evidence that you own the game and ask for a new copy of that CD. Thoose guys making the fames are usually a nice bunch of people!

My friends helped a handicapped kid that only had one hand to make the steering in one of their games more suitable for him so he could run it.
(Yes I do want someone from the makers to see this! Don´t spoil our good imaginations of you! Help the lady here!)

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz