Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2001, 07:48 AM   #1
Hanz123
The Magister

I remember a long time ago getting the boots of speed fairly early in the game, but I can't seem to find them now! I was sure one of the 5 guys (you know, with pooky) in the den of seven vales on the promanade had them (the guy named ......Rissling or something who backstabbed). Can someone point me in the direction of the boots, I really can use them because of my archer kit!

O yeah, does anyone perhaps know why I can't put more than one point in the 2 handed profiency slot when leveling up 8->9(i've got a archer kit and I got one point to spend!). I tought this rule just counted for the melee weapens. Stupid also, considdering a bow IS TWO handed and a archer realy could use these points!! And I have TWO points in the two wapens slot (default), for what? I'M A ARCHER for crying out loud!!
Old 06-04-2001, 07:54 AM   #2
masteraleph
Elminster

Spoiler (on the boots)
There are 3 sets of boots of speed, I believe only 2 are available though (the last set is on what's his name-the shadow theif dude upstairs- and there's no way to kill him). The other to sets are from the machine in the asylum, and on one of the guys in the Planar Prison (haer'daelis) quest.
Old 06-04-2001, 08:00 AM   #3
Hanz123
The Magister

But I did kill him at some point (long ago) thats why I knew of the boots. What I really want to know why he hasn't got them anymore when I kill him now. (When he's saying he's leaving just wack him with everything you got, if possibly block the entrance to his exit point, and if your luvky you get him). Perhaps it has to do with the patch?
Old 06-04-2001, 08:54 AM   #4
Legolas the Elven Archer

I doubt the twohanded weapon proficiency slot applies to bows. I believe it is melee weapons only, and an archer can't spend more than one point on such things. Fighting with two handweapons is something rangers excell at, and that's why you can spend two points there.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 06-04-2001, 09:00 AM   #5
Hanz123
The Magister

Why not. Bow are two handed and they are weapons. I don't see a reason why this slot would only apply to melee weapons? You don't see any special rangend weapon profiency slots either (exept for bow, etc of course) so the existing ones must also aplly to the ranged weapons, at least that would seem logical. But I'm not an expert in the rules however.
Old 06-04-2001, 01:28 PM   #6
Drawde1
The Magister

You CAN kill Brennan Risling, but he drops a Cloak of Non-Detection, not Boots of Speed. The cloak is still VERY useful for thieves and rangers since it prevents them from being detected via True Sight, Detect Invis. etc. when hiding in shadows.
Old 06-04-2001, 01:54 PM   #7
Leagle
Manshoon

Brennanrisling does not have any. He never did.

Spoiler
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
1)Renal

2)Drizzt

3)Jesters dispenser machine

4)The cheif bounty hunter in the planar prison. (They, however, are all bards.)

------------------
-Bigby's Big@$$ hand!

[This message has been edited by Leagle (edited 06-04-2001).]