Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2001, 02:43 AM   #1
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

You ever get to thinking.... just how come Baldur's gate 2 seems to have some type of science fiction theme to it, with dungeons that look like starship corridors, sewers filled with pipes and conduits, cloning tubes and chambers, rooms out of a sci-fi picture instead of a fantasy picture.

You ever get to thinking.. mm a silver horn of valhalla looks like a horn, the bronze horn looks like a horn, the iron horn looks like a.... watering can with some garden tools sticking out of it.

You ever get to thinking... mmm just why is this big dragon standing there WAITING for me to hit him first...

You ever get to thinking.. Do beholders and other foes in a cloudkill spell know they are taking damage? If they did, wouldn't they leave?

You ever get to thinking... Minsc is a very funny guy LOL If someone actually talked like that He'd get his butt kicked by the towns goofy squad.

You ever get to thinking...Is there any reason for My Paladin to continue through the game after he gets his Holy Avenger, what, will I get a BETTER sword later on? He he

You ever get to thinking. Whats with the staffs? They look like laser rifles, not a stick of wood. Those fire and air staffs and such would look great in Fallout2.
Old 06-11-2001, 04:15 AM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

actually.. i don't.. i just enjoy the game (although i did think that kamikaze kobolds are pretty dumb, trying to kill my fire elemental...DUH!!!)

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-11-2001, 04:52 AM   #3
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

I;ve wondered about the Horn thing, too. =) Also, when your magic gear has you glowing like a lantern, how is it that you can still hide in shadows?
Old 06-11-2001, 05:43 AM   #4
Floraowe
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Kerlyssa:
I;ve wondered about the Horn thing, too. =) Also, when your magic gear has you glowing like a lantern, how is it that you can still hide in shadows?
LOL! My f/m/t can have all manner of glowing magical protection spells going,
lights up the darkness like it's daytime, and she can still sneak up behind enemies and backstab!

And protection from magic energy makes her look like she's in one of those big metal ball things they had in the gladiators TV show.
Old 06-11-2001, 07:21 AM   #5
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I'm just wondering about that circle of something that appears with reflective spells at your feet. How does one hide in the shadows when there's a shimmering circle of energy giving away your position is something I'm baffled by.

------------------
Why?
Old 06-11-2001, 07:48 AM   #6
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
I'm just wondering about that circle of something that appears with reflective spells at your feet. How does one hide in the shadows when there's a shimmering circle of energy giving away your position is something I'm baffled by.

more importantly it seems to slow everything down - is there a way to get rid?
I agree with the original post - the whole thing does have a very sci-fi feel to it.

Old 06-11-2001, 08:07 AM   #7
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Re the way Minsc talks: I dunno, would you mess with a punch drunk berserker who's strength was near the human maximum?

I just can't see him getting a kicking somehow.

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!

edited to make sense!

[This message has been edited by Billikins the Bold (edited 06-11-2001).]
Old 06-11-2001, 08:24 AM   #8
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Billikins the Bold:
Re the way Minsc talks: I dunno, would you mess with a punch drunk berserker who's strength was near the human maximum?

I just can't see him getting a kicking somehow.

And so begins a typical night out in Manchester

Old 06-11-2001, 08:25 AM   #9
Gorgasim
Dungeon Master

Its isnt Minsc you must fear! It is the forever EVIL and all POWERFULL BOO. Fear the BOO for he is the most powerfull of hamsters!
Old 06-11-2001, 08:28 AM   #10
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by antonius:
And so begins a typical night out in Manchester

I'm sure Minsc actually drinks at my local...

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!