Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2002, 06:12 AM   #1
chimera99
The Magister

I just reinstalled BG and TOSC on my 1.8 P4 system, GeForce 2 Ultra system 512 meg RAM. I created a character but when I went to type in a name, the game put in a whole string of 7's and wouldn't let me change it. I then tried to export the char hoping to get around the problem, no such luck. I then went ahead and tried to save the game, same problem. Has anyone else seen or reported this problem. Games from the origional XCom to Diablo II to Wiz 8 all work fine.
chimera99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 06:53 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

That's a wierd problem. I have never encountered it myself, or heard of anyone else who had. You might want to drop a line to Bioware's or Black Isle's tech support, maybe they will be able to provide a solution, if no one here can.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 01:25 PM   #3
Sojourner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I experience this problem once in a Blue Moon. Unplugging and re-plugging the keyboard and re-booting the computer fixes it for me.

[ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: Sojourner ]

Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 04:24 PM   #4
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I had this problem once (what is it with the 7's?). Unfortunately I don't recall exactly how I fixed it but I think I tried deleting them only to have them re-appear so then I exited the game and re-loaded, still no fix so I re-booted and it worked fine. It was a while ago so I'm probably wrong.
If this doesn't help try mailing tech support at Bioware if they are still around.
Old 02-13-2002, 11:21 PM   #5
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

OK, this is what you do, I have problems with it also.

Press the "7" key fairly firmly on your righthand numberpad. Should fix the problem. Sometimes when you start the game you will start drifting up to the top right hand corner of the screen, if so, press the 7 key again.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Scholarcs is offline   Reply With Quote