Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2002, 07:54 AM   #11
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Um not a nice topic. take it from some one that has experienced all sides EXCEPT one, suicides is bad. The people I've known to have succeeded don't seam to be any better off than before but I do know three people who have tried and failed. After they were rushed to the hospital and got help there lives turned around for the better. Now one is living in California, is married and last I heard was very happy. One is living in Hawaii(sp and I'm to lazy to look it up) with a friend and not doing so bad. And the last I'm prode(sp) to call mother. She's doing a lot better. I to have thought and come very close to committing suicide, I was lucky enough to have a friend nearby that stopped me. even now I'm not happy wiht my life but atleast I have a chance to have a better one. so maybe you can see I've had a little experience in this sobject and if you ever need to talk my E-mail address is in my profile.

BTW if this was just a random question with nothing but curiousity(sp)
behind it than I'm very sorry for writting this Hierophant. better save than sorry I suppose.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:03 AM   #12
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake:
Um not a nice topic. take it from some one that has experienced all sides EXCEPT one, suicides is bad. The people I've known to have succeeded don't seam to be any better off than before but I do know three people who have tried and failed. After they were rushed to the hospital and got help there lives turned around for the better. Now one is living in California, is married and last I heard was very happy. One is living in Hawaii(sp and I'm to lazy to look it up) with a friend and not doing so bad. And the last I'm prode(sp) to call mother. She's doing a lot better. I to have thought and come very close to committing suicide, I was lucky enough to have a friend nearby that stopped me. even now I'm not happy wiht my life but atleast I have a chance to have a better one. so maybe you can see I've had a little experience in this sobject and if you ever need to talk my E-mail address is in my profile.

BTW if this was just a random question with nothing but curiousity(sp)
behind it than I'm very sorry for writting this Hierophant. better save than sorry I suppose.
True. You can make a better life for yourself. And you'll end up dead soon enough anyway.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:05 AM   #13
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

"Suicide is a permanant solution to a temporary problem." Get help, Heirophant. It's just a phone call away. You will be glad that you did.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:12 AM   #14
The Hierophant

Heh, I don't need help. I was just curious.
When it comes down to it I guess I'd never be able to muster the courage to go through with it anyway.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:13 AM   #15
uss
20th Level Warrior

actually, suicide matters ALOT on this question - what will happen then? will you go to a dreamy world which is much better than reality? will you have to sit in darkness with no emotions for an eternity? will you go to hell, heaven or whatever?
think about it: if people would somehow know that if we die, we go to a much better place, then the number of suicides would be much higher and vice versa.
because nobody knows nothing of what will happen then, people should better stay away from the thoughts of killing themselves.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:15 AM   #16
The Hierophant

But these replies have been interesting I must say. It's good to know that some people can show concern for a complete stranger.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:18 AM   #17
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
actually, suicide matters ALOT on this question - what will happen then? will you go to a dreamy world which is much better than reality? will you have to sit in darkness with no emotions for an eternity? will you go to hell, heaven or whatever?
think about it: if people would somehow know that if we die, we go to a much better place, then the number of suicides would be much higher and vice versa.
because nobody knows nothing of what will happen then, people should better stay away from the thoughts of killing themselves.
It's usually not a case of 'it'll be better in death' so much as 'anything to stop what's happening now'.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:22 AM   #18
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Remember what you have to be thankfull for, and that the past isn't a shadow that will follow you around, it is something that happened and isn't happening now, so you can move on and be happy, there's no point to your life if you waste it being depressed...
Old 06-13-2002, 08:25 AM   #19
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Hanging is a pretty practical option I suppose. Have you ever given any thought to the notion that your 'enemies' probably wouldn't care if you died.
"Oh, that Dundee Slaytern guy topped himself. Ah well who gives a f**k. So, what are we doing today..."
Actually, it is not so much about what I care about what they care about me( although I do know they will care because the feeling is pretty much mutual), but that if I die now, it means I sort of gave up. I do not intend to go out that way.
Old 06-13-2002, 08:26 AM   #20
The Hierophant

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
there's no point to your life if you waste it being depressed...
Exactly. Sometimes depression can't be helped.

But anyways this is all just stupid. Sorry for bringing this ridiculous conversation up. My fault. Carry on.