Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2001, 06:32 AM   #1
Zbyszek

Hi! Nice to know .
Unfortunatelly I dont have any relatives near Krakow Do you have still?
I suppose your father was a child then? A lot of polish army people fighting at western front stayed in UK (but I hope your father is younger - what a shame (myself) to ask about age ).
Wow, a lot of questions.

Old 10-03-2001, 07:30 AM   #2
Lioness
Jack Burton

bump

------------------

Lil' Angel
Sword Saint and Enchantress of the HADB Clan
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Serving Assistant in the Promised Land
Bestest Mate of the Cyan Knight
Lady of Jerome, The Fallen Paladin
Honored Friend of the Warrior SSJ4Sephiroth, and the Arch-Mage Jafin
PeaceKeeping Force, Intelligence Division
Old 10-03-2001, 08:22 AM   #3
tracey
Manshoon

hi zbyszek!

silver cheetah is working - apparently, hahahaha

however, i take it you live in poland?

don't know exactly where you are krakow? my dad was from cheshyn, scotchov. can't spell it properly i'm afraid

he did have some relatives in koleshut or koleshuf village but i have no idea if they're still living or have moved away.

my grandmother is buried somewhere in cheshyn, possibly at jesus hospital. is this anywhere near you? i would like to be able to identify her grave and have a photograph of it as my dad is very old and unwell and the one thing he would like to have is some definate knowledge as to where his mother is buried.

it's quite sad really. she died when he was a child.

------------------
offended mistress of the illuminati
Old 10-03-2001, 08:23 AM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
bump

According to Ziroc, this is spamming Lioness!! Don't ever do that again!!!

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-03-2001, 08:50 AM   #5
Zbyszek

It is good! I should also

don't know exactly where you are krakow? my dad was from cheshyn, scotchov. can't spell it properly i'm afraid
I am afraid too, hmm... Cieszyn (we pronounce sz like sh, and cie could be che)
It is southern part of Poland. Far away from me. Poznan is in western part of Poland, 300 km from Berlin. And Krakow is a few hundred kilometers from Cieszyn. scotchov - ? maybe Skoczow ?, you mean two different cities?

he did have some relatives in koleshut or koleshuf village but i have no idea if they're still living or have moved away.
No idea, I could try to figure this name if I knew some details like nearest bigger city or sth like that.

my grandmother is buried somewhere in cheshyn, possibly at jesus hospital. is this anywhere near you? i would like to be able to identify her grave and have a photograph of it as my dad is very old and unwell and the one thing he would like to have is some definate knowledge as to where his mother is buried.
If this is Cieszyn (that along Czech border) or near Krakow it is far (like 500 km)
Dont hesistate to ask me for anything! (but there is little chance for me to visit south of Poland before next summer )

In profile there is my e-mail

[This message has been edited by Zbyszek (edited 10-03-2001).]
Old 10-03-2001, 11:40 AM   #6
tracey
Manshoon

thanks, sweetie,

you are the first person ever to be invited to email them personally.

i feel very proud

------------------
offended mistress of the illuminati
Old 10-03-2001, 12:24 PM   #7
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Zbyszek:

It is good! I should also

I am afraid too, hmm... Cieszyn (we pronounce sz like sh, and cie could be che)
It is southern part of Poland. Far away from me. Poznan is in western part of Poland, 300 km from Berlin. And Krakow is a few hundred kilometers from Cieszyn. scotchov - ? maybe Skoczow ?, you mean two different cities?

No idea, I could try to figure this name if I knew some details like nearest bigger city or sth like that.

If this is Cieszyn (that along Czech border) or near Krakow it is far (like 500 km)
Dont hesistate to ask me for anything! (but there is little chance for me to visit south of Poland before next summer )

In profile there is my e-mail

[This message has been edited by Zbyszek (edited 10-03-2001).]
Nearest major cities are Katowice and Krakow, a smaller, closer city is Bielsko-Biala. Cieszyn is right on the Czech border, and Skcozow, is, I think, situated south of Cieszyn.

Would it be possible for you to find out the address of whatever government body it is in Krakow of Katowice that deals with births, marriages and deaths? Not if it is going to put you to to a lot of trouble, but if it is something you could look up easily? Much appreciated if you can - no worries if you can't, ok?
I am the mom of Silver Cheetah and 'tracey'. I WISH she would change that name!

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-03-2001, 12:42 PM   #8
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Zbyszek:
Hi! Nice to know .
Unfortunatelly I dont have any relatives near Krakow Do you have still?
I suppose your father was a child then? A lot of polish army people fighting at western front stayed in UK (but I hope your father is younger - what a shame (myself) to ask about age ).
Wow, a lot of questions.

My dad is 84, I think. How old are you? (I am nosey, please ignore question if you are offended! )

In case you missed Fljotsdale's comment, the reason she and Tracey (real name Tanya) are getting in on this act is because they are mother and sister, so daughter and (ex) wife of the gentleman under discussion!

Not sure which part Poznan is in - I can't find my atlas right now, maybe you could say? Such a shame none of us speak Polish, my dad too lazy to teach us..... I know one or two bad words, and I can count to 5 in polish, - that should get me a long way when I come to visit, not!!

------------------

Ecstatic Mistress of THE most Exotic form of Illumination (currently available to man)
Old 10-03-2001, 01:12 PM   #9
tracey
Manshoon

he's not 84, you dingbat. he's 80 possibly 81 now.
Old 10-03-2001, 01:19 PM   #10
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by tracey:
he's not 84, you dingbat. he's 80 possibly 81 now.
Really? Oh all right then if you say so, oh lovely and illuminated pixie of light. (Don't forget we're supposed to do MASsing, so lots of lovely things about ME, dont forget....... )

------------------

Most Ecstatic Mistress of the Illumined Exotic

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 10-03-2001).]