Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2003, 05:40 PM   #21
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
We don't need a military, we've got Celine Dion.
Oh yeah? Would you mind taking her back? She seems to have set up shop out here... [/QUOTE]Sorry...non refundable [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2003, 06:10 PM   #22
Davros
Takhisis Follower

To quote someone much more famous than I :

"We will fight them with bullets and shoes"
Old 06-03-2003, 06:10 PM   #23
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Actually in all seriousness it's probably not a bad thing, given the current climate, and that the worlds largest muslim nation (216 million) is directly north of Australia's huge population of 20 million.
Very good point Yorick..it's even on thread *glares at most other contributers [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] * One day Indonsia is going to get its act together and as you say the worlds largest muslim nation is on our doorstep. Darwin is a lot closer to Jakarta than to Canberra (our capital). And would we be able to stand and watch if Idonesia carries on it's occupation and supresion of half of Papua new guinea and harbours the extremists who attack the remaining christian half.

Indonesia has already made it's protests known to our government, a sign that it realises whom the American troops will be a counterweight to.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 06-03-2003, 06:27 PM   #24
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
If only we were still all allowed to carry semi-automatic weapons... that was going to stop the Indonesian hordes [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2003, 06:33 PM   #25
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
If only we were still all allowed to carry semi-automatic weapons... that was going to stop the Indonesian hordes [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]
Ouch [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] ok it is a bit "reds under the beds" [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] But were you not worried the other year Aelia when we sent troops into Timor? It could have all gone terribly wrong.

edit... spelling hard four letter words

[ 06-03-2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: wellard ]
Old 06-03-2003, 06:37 PM   #26
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
(Anybody remember back in the 80's when they were being derided as "undefendable dinosaurs?")
That was in fact YOU they were talking about, Attalus, though I'm sure the onset of senility excuses your poor memory. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2003, 06:43 PM   #27
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Ouch [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] ok it is a bit "reds under the beds" [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] But were you not worried the other year Aelia when we sent troops into Timor? It could have all gone terribly wrong.

[/QUOTE]LOL - that was a joke dear [img]tongue.gif[/img] . A fond recollection of the gun lobby for whom that argument actually made sense. I don't think if Indonesia invaded us having a semi-automatic under your pillow would help all that much
Old 06-04-2003, 07:05 AM   #28
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:

[/QUOTE]LOL - that was a joke dear [img]tongue.gif[/img] . A fond recollection of the gun lobby for whom that argument actually made sense. I don't think if Indonesia invaded us having a semi-automatic under your pillow would help all that much
[/QUOTE]I know it was a joke I was embarrassed that I re read my post and sounded like John laws or Alan Jones *right wing talkback radio* [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Not scared of invasion, I'm sure that would not happen, it is the whirlpool of a local conflict in PNG or Bali that worries me. And having US troops based here would be a case of talking soft but finally being able to carry a big stick

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years