Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 09:57 PM   #61
Lavindathar
Harper

Default Re: Remember that Dutch comic about Mohamad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
You guys are the ones breaking the rules, not me.

BTW I haven't asked for any thread to get locked or post deleted or done anything than offer my own opinions and offer rationales to avoid a hurtful topic.

and Thanks for the internet psyco-analyzing. I lol'd.
Tbh mate, I'd just give you a weeks ban for being a tool.

There is a moderator present, hes monitoring it. Your coming in here moaning and bitching, when every other person wants to discuss this.

And persuade you to leave? Wtf? I don't care if you stay or go. If your going to post, post things relevant to the discussion, which so far, you haven't, once. You've just bitched.

Everyone else is trying to have a decent topic, except one, yourself.

And Luvian, you might not say it, but I certainly will. He IS trolling to get it locked. So please sort it out so we can continue. He's not posted one thing useful to this thread. Rant off.

Last edited by Lavindathar; 09-07-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:06 PM   #62
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: Remember that Dutch comic about Mohamad?

Alright that's it. I'm going to give this one last chance and try something new. As a last resort from this point on I'm going to start deleting without warning any posts I feel are inflammatory or off topic, because you guys can't seem to accept not having the last word.

If you keep posting in this thread you agree to this.

If that doesn't seem to work? Well, it's going to be lock time and shame on you all for being too immature to let go off your silly arguments.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #63
Lavindathar
Harper

Agreed.

And Dragon, I agree with you. Everything boils down to Science impo.

God didn't create life, the big bang did (yes I believe that one). Everything evolved from one spec of bacteria that was somehow formed in an explosion.

Just because we don't understand something, we shouldn't (NOTE - IN MY OPINION) acredit that to an all seeing entity known as God. Science has an explanation for near enough everything, and those things that can't be explained, just means that we as a race, aren't either a)clever enough or b) technologically advanced enough to understand them.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:21 PM   #64
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

As I see it there is more evidence for the big bang than for God by a long shot. And imho saying God made everything raises far more questions than it answers. It leads into the whole "what made God?" thing.
I'm with you Lav. I think if we don't understand something we should use science to try and understand it, rather than claim an all powerful diety did it.
Mmf, I'm not adding much to this discussion. We're all out of coffee at home.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke

Last edited by Dragonshadow; 09-08-2008 at 06:46 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:31 PM   #65
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Well, I'm glad science has finally found the answer for us! I watch so many science documentaries about where we came from and how it all started and I discovered that the more I watch, the more the scientists themselves admit that the "holes" in their theories seem to get ever bigger.

Please, tell me how they finally figured out at what point lifelessness became life. Please, tell how an explosion started? Where did it come from? Please tell me then, how these tiny particles formed the planets etc. when there is no gravity in space to pull anything together? Would these tiny particles not continue on their own path, never merging with anything else, until they hit a proverbial end? Oh, I'm so excited and have so many questions..

It takes a minimum of 125 proteins to form one cell and they don't even know where just 1 protein came from the last time I checked. Please, tell me the answer. Oh, and please, finally answer the age old question of what came first, the chicken or the egg?

If there is a link you could give me to all these answers I will use that. But please, not links with more "theories".

Thanks!
Old 09-07-2008, 10:33 PM   #66
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonshadow View Post
As I see it there is more evidence for the big bang than for God by a long shot. And imho saying God made everything raises far more questions than it answers. It leads into the whole "what made God?" thing.
I'm with you Lav. I think if we don't understand something we should use science to try and understand it, rather than claim an all powerful diety did it.
Mmf, I'm not adding much to this discussion. We're all out of decaff coffee at home.
Why would the lack of decaff make for poor topics? Surely the caffinated stuff works much better!

I am definitely a believer of evolution over creation though. Mainly just because it's got more concrete evidence there and needs less faith. But, as an honest question, I'm sure there are things which believers would call evidence. I'm pretty sure I've heard of creationists showing 'proof'. Can't remember what it was though - Anyone?
Old 09-07-2008, 10:37 PM   #67
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumanoir View Post
Why would the lack of decaff make for poor topics? Surely the caffinated stuff works much better!

I am definitely a believer of evolution over creation though. Mainly just because it's got more concrete evidence there and needs less faith. But, as an honest question, I'm sure there are things which believers would call evidence. I'm pretty sure I've heard of creationists showing 'proof'. Can't remember what it was though - Anyone?
The "proof" is the very thing you call "evolution".
Old 09-07-2008, 10:47 PM   #68
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood View Post
The "proof" is the very thing you call "evolution".
But don't creationists believe that god created man as he is? Adam and Eve sort of thing?
Old 09-07-2008, 11:15 PM   #69
Chewbacca
Zartan

What exactly is the topic of this thread? Who is being threatened for going off topic?

Why can't breaking the religious moritorium be openly questioned in a reasonable manner with-in a thread gone OT about religion?

We can discuss religion, but can't discuss not discussing religion?

Refer to me as a troll is simple flamebaiting. The trolls and flamebaiters in this thread are not me. Proof is in the pudding, or in this case, the posts.

Last edited by Chewbacca; 09-07-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:21 PM   #70
Chewbacca
Zartan

To really go back on topic... Who cares about a bunch of thugs hellbent on blowing themselves up? We kill them at a much higher rate than they kill us, ( we overkill them SOBs) and there are more of us then them. Terrorists are a lesson in futile.
They may claim a religion as their motive, but it is not. Their motives are pure ignorance and desperation.
Closed Thread