Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2004, 12:38 PM   #1
Elijah Snow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Since I thinkk that this will be shorter, I'll get it out of the way first. What is spring attack, and why can't I get it even though I (I think) have all the prereqs?

And on to the main event.

Is it just me, or do rogues in NWN suck. I don't know, I tried one and I found it to be WILDLY ineffective. What happened to backstab? In BG2 the assasin was so cool! Not to mention it was capable of HEINOUS damage multipliers. What happened to rogues???

The Forum Poster Formerly Known as Decurion, Snow
Elijah Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 01:23 PM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

You need Shadows of Undrentide to use Spring Attack and it makes you invurnerable against the kind of attacks of opportunity moving around causes.

Spring Attack (from the SoU manual):
Prerequisite: Dexterity 13+, Dodge, Mobility, Base Attack Bonus (BAB) +4 or higher.

The Rogues Backstab is replaced with something called Sneak Attack. To do a SA you need to catch the enemy by surprise using stealth, or when their attention is directed at something else. Every time they attack someone else or do the following: cast a spell, fire a ranged weapon or use items you get a chance to sneak attack them if you're withing range. So you don't need to hide in shadows to successfully use a sneak attack, although it's easier if you do.

A 1st level rogue will do an additional 1d6 points of damage on a successful sneak attack and the damage will increase with levels. If you're having problems with sneak attacks; hire a henchman, get the enemy to attack him/her, then attack the enemy yourself and the sneak attacks will be rolling in.

Also note that undead and constructs ( golems etc.) are immune to sneak attacks.

[ 02-02-2004, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 02-02-2004, 05:12 PM   #3
Elijah Snow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ooo. I guess it shows up to try to entice me into buying the expansion. Well...its working. Thanks Stratos. Is there anyway for me to make it more likely that I'll sneak attack?
Elijah Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 05:44 PM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

Yes, either sneak up on them or make them attack someone else instead of you; a summon or a henchman is useful for this.